8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Winnie the Pooh & the Blustery Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Winnie the Pooh & the Blustery Day
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 24, 2014 01:22 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For anyone who may be interested I have listed this rare item on e bay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131250581451?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Start price is 24.99, a beautiful print but unfortunately it does have a scratch to the right of centre.
See the listing for images and description.

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2014 05:49 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

I don't want to interfere in your sale but are you sure there were only 12 copies made. This was in Derann's catalogue until the labs closed so surely there are many more copies out there.

Graham S

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 25, 2014 06:38 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is a mystery, oddly enough this is stated here on the forum before but its also on Wikipedia, (I know you cant always believe that site but lots do), however, I shall change the wording on it and thank you for pointing this out. [Wink]

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2014 10:41 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly looks a nice print .

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 25, 2014 12:45 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It certainly is, when I bought it was told by the dealer that the two scratches were on there but how on earth do people allow this to happen to there films, it couldn't have been very old when we got it and I guess the previous owner either, didn't clean the film path after every show or they had a cheap crappy machine. Either way they must have paid a good price when it was new. So sad because it is such a good print, well in line with the likes of Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. When I first projected it I was pleased that it wasn't as bad as we thought. What you see on the images is as bad as it gets and it hasn't got any worse in our care.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 25, 2014 03:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The type of scratch your film has Tom, in the centre portion of the frame(almost),is not a very common one I have found, and certainly nothing like the dreaded Elmo type scratches very commonly seen on used prints which are almost signature like on the damaged prints I have seen and owned.

I have to say it appears exactly like the ones placed on a few of my prints after initially obtaining the Beaulieu. This turned out to be a maladjusted guide and worn plastic thread within the guide causing the problem when I first got the machine.

Luckily,with the help of others and the process of elimination,
I was able to spot and rectify the problem before it damaged any more of my treasured collection and as it was a new machine to me I didn't go gun ho into throwing my best prints through it.

However it just goes to show, it can happen even by the best of them if a problem suddenly develops and chances are, anyone buying such a print as this from new in the era it was released, wouldn't be showing it on a Cinerex.
So even to experienced users of projectors, disasters can happen I suppose. Shame though Tom as there are so few of them left.

BTW I think the original owner would have paid £80- £85 depending on the year it was purchased.

[ July 28, 2014, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2014 06:01 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

It could actually be correct about only 12 copies printed, who knows. That's the problem of super 8 as exact information about print runs rarely gets out. I just find it hard to believe about Blustery Day as it crops up on dealers lists (and ebay) now and again and was still in Derann's last catalogue. Just my opinion though. Hope you get a good price.

Graham S

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 15, 2014 03:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is known to be an ultra rare title. I remember some members are looking for this.

But another one within 2 months is very surprising:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINNIE-THE-POOH-AND-THE-BLUSTERY-DAY-1x600-super-8mm-colour-magnetic-sound-/181494681837?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL&hash=item2a41ed10ed

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 15, 2014 03:44 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bid 41 on it, more than that is not for me. I can buy collection where the average price is 2.50 GBP and got such titles as Walt Disney Christmas, Pink Panther, Tom & Jerry and loads of Disney's

I would love to have it, but 20 films or 1 ... Easy choice

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2014 04:34 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sold one privately and also saw a few copies on Ebay last year. Is it really that rare?

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2014 05:03 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just what I was saying. Im sure there must be more than 12 copies printed. Compare this with full length Close Encounters now that's rare.

Graham S

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 15, 2014 05:14 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a copy...its a really nice one, got it from Derann didn't think it was rare though.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 17, 2014 01:39 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be the start of "Pooh-Gate"?
I'm sorry I couldn't resist! [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC