8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool Sunday Meet up? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackpool Sunday Meet up?
David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 09:29 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,

I had an idea that films were going to be shown on Saturday afternoon - but nobody told me about times and where this was taking place - as I'm not going to the convention dinner this year - I hope I will get to meet everyone at the screening on Saturday and also in the convention.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 01:19 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Simon, it would of been nice to meet you, and others, but I don`t think I will be there now.

My sons other half booked a family day thing on a group on for Sunday they have to use that day, thinking we were going next week ( !!! ??? ).Well ahem etc.

I`ve not been too well so thought shall I try on my own, but today a screeching noise is coming from the passenger side front wheel.

Its maybe in cahoots with the non cine ladies at this end !!!

We will try to go to Farnsworth though, so maybe a few of us will meet up there.

I can`t use public transport so looks like it will need to be February after all. But thats a very nice event that needs the support too.

But really looking forward to hearing what people do and get at Blackpool etc.

Best Mark.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 01:32 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am very dissapointed at once again not being able to attend, this was the year i was going to ensure i did but unfortunately there are too many things going on at home and tomorrow we have a big meeting at work so i will glad to get to Friday evening after work if its still open for business.
I will look forward to hearing what films you have all got and hopefully see some pictures of the event on here and will keep fingers crossed that there will be another next year [Wink]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 01:58 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil from Classic Home Cinema has confirmed he will come : "We shall be there with a first class selection of films and equipment,, most is not listed on our website. We will also have film cleaner , splicing tapes, lamps etc to stock up on. We have unusual items like CIR splicers in s8 16, 9.5 and 35mm.
We also have speakers by Craven and Elmo pairs. We have a super curtain motor as well as lenses, parts, and bits & bobs
We look forward to seeing you there. Our website is up to date, and we hope to upgrade the list with all the new stuff that's not sold shortly after Blackpool.
We don't plan to take much 16mm, so it you want any tell us now.(Dave Guest has a vast 16mm library to liquidate)
In the meantime we are busy packing and will load up on Friday."

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 03:05 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so sorry mark wont be coming he has bought many films of me and I was going to give him a few freebis but its lost he could catch the train though and stay over night it will be nice to see tom who picked up my debrie projecter which has been fully overhauled at no expense where I will be showing a film on it to see how these machines run and Friday night is not to be missed as I am taking something that will blow you all away

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 07:43 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone going to Blackpool for the day of Sunday & passing from Birmingham? I could meet them somewhere around there & share the petrol for both trips(to & from).

--------------------
Yannis

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 03:59 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well this time tomorrow I will be in blackpool and all those who are not coming then it will be there lost .as this will be best one yet I have placed several bets with forum members on here and if I win it will pay for me a weeks holiday ,the bet is and it will only come from the who are not coming is, has any one got any pictures

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 04:35 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to it David. Sadly I'm only able to make it on the Sunday itself but hopefully next year I'll do the whole weekend.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 05:33 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi mark sorry you cant make i book the whole week off work would not miss it for the world see you all tomorrow all the best simon

--------------------
kinema king

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 06:46 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My uncle Geoff passes you Mark and he is coming. He could pick you up.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 08:01 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a nice gesture from simon re uncle Geoff there you are mark you are now sorted

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 15, 2018 11:21 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to come to your convention, but I am on holiday at the moment... [Smile]
 -

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 11:35 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you will be sending all of us a postcard Graham

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 01:25 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

don't forget as agreed - Sunday at midday in the foyer for the forum photo opportunity - see you all on Sunday.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 01:57 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i will be there cheers simon [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
kinema king

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 15, 2018 02:23 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will see what I can do Clive [Smile] its a bit hard up here on the moon to find a postbox [Big Grin]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 02:38 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention licking the stamp!!! [Smile]

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 03:44 PM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Brian, keep up with the times, you don't lick stamps now, they are self adhesive. Though it could be difficult peeling them off the backing with those gloves on. [Big Grin]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 15, 2018 03:45 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Simon please thank your uncle Geoff for me, that would of been so good of him, though we are a bit out of the way here.

But I still can`t come without my ( nutty ) van and my sons support really.

I don`t want to get too into my problems, but I feel I should explain to a degree, I can`t even go in my sons car for various reasons.

I have two plastic garden chairs in my home I sit on I wash regularly, that I have very large towels on I wash each day.

In my van its driver seat and one in the back I can sit on, that have various covers on, then cotton ones over those I can wash each day. Some days I can get 2 days out of them, but still need to shower and change as soon as back in the house anyway.

Those 2 house and 2 van seats are the only places I can sit down. But I can`t really say relax on.

Also I can only use my toilet, or the small one in the van for anything, that I have sole dominion over if you will.

I go through 10,000 to 20,000 disposeable gloves a month. And to be honest it was going to be embarressing if I needed to touch anything with them, at Blackpool etc.

Also I couldn`t shake hands or sit down etc. I also needed my sink in the van there too.

Thats just the tip of my iceberg, it can be very wearing.

But thats enough about me.

Its going to be a great event.

Thank youy again Simon, that was so very kind and thoughtful of you and your Uncle.

Best Mark.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 04:21 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I regard you as a friend - you have sold me 2 digital projectors - which are still giving me loads of viewing pleasure along with my Super 8 and 16mm - please look after yourself and hopefully we will meet at Blackpool again in the future.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2018 04:30 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
going of marks problems I don't think he will ever be well enough to come pity would nice to meet up

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 15, 2018 06:21 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David same here and glad they are both still doing so well.

It would of been nice to meet up David ( G ) too. But sure we will sometime.

I honestly thought I would pull it off this year.

At least those of us who don`t make it can enjoy it through the forum and pics etc.

Best Mark.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2018 02:43 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be setting off soon, making a day of the journey. See you all there.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2018 02:53 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me to see you all later cheers simon [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2018 03:00 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got to Blackpool at 1.15pm - good look around on the promenade and winter gardens and cracking food at The Imperial. I'll pop into The Grand Saturday afternoon.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC