8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool Sunday Meet up? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackpool Sunday Meet up?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 10, 2018 01:44 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty, I have never taken the train from the airport to the city since I travel by coach but I believe tickets are cheaper when booked in advance. If you have not bought your ticket, yet, it may Worth have a look on the Net. Not easy, though since planes may have delays. Maybe British members, more used with this system could advise.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Pete Middleton
Junior

- posted November 10, 2018 04:37 PM      Profile for Pete Middleton   Email Pete Middleton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little concerned about reading an earlier post that The Grand is formerly The Hilton.
We've booked tickets at The Hilton over the convention weekend... I'm hoping these tickets will be valid!

Pete

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 10, 2018 08:19 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll also be there from Friday evening, so can join everyone for the photo and a chat.

Shorty - another option, as well as walking or a cab, would be to head to the seafront, perhaps to the nearby North Pier, and then get one of Blackpool's famous trams to the Grand. I think there's a stop just north of the North Pier and they all go along the front, so if you get one heading north, you can't go wrong. You pay a conductor on the tram, who could tell you the stop to get off at.

Pete - the whole event was organised while the hotel was still the Hilton, so there's no way that they would not honour any bookings made before the change of owner. However, you're not on my list with regard to having places at the Saturday dinner, so if you're hoping to attend this, please let me know asap!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2018 11:32 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you do take the tram, the nearest stop is called Wilton Parade (I kid you not, Keith Wilton gets jokes made about that).

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 11, 2018 02:24 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should get off at Wilton Parade?

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2018 04:53 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A member of this forum has been informed by David that he is currently suffering bad health and is in hospital. The recent posts do not hint at any such affliction. Although we all trust that this is not the case, perhaps David can illuminate, as to why he made this claim. The Blackpool event is essentially his production and if true perhaps members should be aware.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2018 05:15 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, yes get off at Wilton Parade, you can easily see the hotel from there about 50- 100 yrs away.

I haven't heard anything about David being ill, but do know that Phil from CHC has been in hospital but is out and OK now.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 11, 2018 06:53 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The North Pier to Wilton Parade would be a fairly short journey that's more than one stop, so it would be considered a "medium" tram journey, with a fare of £2.30 that you pay to someone who walks around the tram to collect it.

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding regarding David. I'm aware that he needed to spend some time in hospital fairly recently, but I thought he was much better now.

[ November 12, 2018, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 12, 2018 03:11 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son and I are still hoping to be there Sunday if he`s not called in.

Love to meet some people but I can`t do hand shakes sadly.

Just hoping the weather holds and about 3 + hours if a decent run from here.

Just amazed the lengths some people go to, to be there. That feels like a long job for us in small England.

Best Mark.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 12, 2018 06:13 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get well, David - Cheers, Shorty

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 08:29 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi terry setting the records straight yes I had an op on the 11th sept to have my galdbladder and gald stones removed after a week I went in hospital again as I was soon getting short of breath I went back for a scan and they found I have a slight liver in fection which some times this happens when you have your gald bladder removed they put me on a drip with anibiotics to clear the infection I came home from hospital and still on antibiotics to clear up the rest of the infection but as days go on I fell better every day me and my friend and 2 sons have just loaded up 2 transit vans full of films witch will be on sale at blackpool for £20.00 per feature we start tomorrow to load another transit with films and cine stuff so the answer to your questions I will be there with dvds as well which was filmed last night from Friday I want to ask you terry will you be coming thanks david guest

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 08:46 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David
So glad that you are on the up after your troubles, but don't overdo things at the convention and undo all the good work. Get your sons to do all the heavy work
[Cool]
No unfortunately I won't be attending. I live just about as far away as possible in this country and on top of that I have recently moved house, so too much on my plate at the moment, but good luck and I'm certain that you will have a 'full house'.
Take care
Terry

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 12, 2018 10:47 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, and a safe trip, to our friend Joe Caruso who must be flying out any day now. I am sure he will receive the best of Lancashire hospitality when he arrives. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 12, 2018 11:08 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly will! - Fraternally and Cheers, Shorty

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2018 11:13 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night film show starts around 8pm don't miss it

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2018 05:48 AM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Joe (shorty),
When will you be arriving in Blackpool and at which hotel are you staying at. You may be traveling alone but you won't be alone during the week-end lots of us are keen to meet you and have you join us for the various activities of the week-end
see you soon and a safe journey.

Dave Watson...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 13, 2018 11:44 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I catch train at 9:29, will arrived about 12:11 - Staying at the Grand (of course) - Am bringing some 200' boxed Super 8 shorts for auction or sale - Cheers, Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 13, 2018 04:12 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my experience, I can assure you that British hospitality will not disappoint you. For your films, there is usually in the UK, unlike on the continent, a "Bring and buy" table for people who have not enough items to sell to take a table. I don't remember if there is one at Blackpool. I cannot wait to meet you 😀

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2018 04:34 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi shorty I run and bring and buy or you can put films in the auction

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 13, 2018 04:44 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, David, I remember now that the Bring and buy corner was beside your tables full of films and material. A few days to wait before the good time starts 😎

--------------------
Dominique

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 02:11 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be in the bar at the Grand for around 2pm on Saturday - if anyone wants to join me for a chat and a pint - be good to catch up with friends.

Looking forward to the Convention

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 03:09 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
according to the long range weather forcast its given very good weather for the weekend might get chance for a dip in the sea

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 03:38 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David (Skilern), I see in Adrian's programme that there will be projections at that time, maybe you're not aware of them. I quote Adrian : "New for 2018 are informal Saturday presentations by collectors, organised by James Cecil. These will occupy half hour slots from around 10.00am to 4.00pm, so drop in whenever convenient for you. I believe these shows will also take place in a room within the Trafalgar Suite". Hope to meet you anyway [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 14, 2018 06:55 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A dip in the the sea...I'll bring my snorkling gear - Cheers, Shorty

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 08:16 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I look forward to meeting you Joe and also Mark Todd, who I’ve emailed for years but never met!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC