8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Farnworth Film Convention '19 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Farnworth Film Convention '19
Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2019 12:38 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cheers mate can i see your list thanks simon

--------------------
kinema king

|  IP: Logged

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2019 12:40 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No list but those on the day will see it with some nice surpries

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2019 03:41 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how many now are just counting the hours!!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 21, 2019 09:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come buy something off me some of my stock I'm selling for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2019 03:22 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at the farnworth film fair tomorrow we will have available to buy the David Guest released DVD of the BLACKPOOL FILM FAIR 2018. this is a first rate professional made DVD. i watched mine 6 times within a week. i know David was very proud of it. for those who attend on the day it will be available to purchase at just £5.00. thats a 50% reduction. and its worth every penny. see you all there.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2019 08:33 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks paul see you all tomorrow [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2019 02:49 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a most enjoyable day at Farnworh yesterday. and what weather. a good turnout for this excellent event. some great films for sale too. i bought 3 16mm features. Follow a Star Norman Wisdom. The Guinea Pig Richard Attenborough. and The Man Who Could Work Miracles 1936.all b/w. just missed out on George Formbys Come On George feature. there were more modern titles inc Speed. Dances With Wolves.and Magnificent Men In Their Flying Mchines all with fabulous colour. plenty of 8mm there too. and people went away with some great bargains in the auction. thank you Nigel once again for continueing this event.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2019 03:34 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like paul said what a great day.lots of good films and equipment on sale and fun to be had by all.long may these events continue .if you wasnt there you missed a real good film fair please help suport events like this so we can carry on for many years to come .looking forward to blackpool .

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 24, 2019 04:30 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FANTASTIC FUN DAY OF FILM [Big Grin]
Great turnout and nice to chat to everyone all day about film.
Many thanks to Nigel and his good lady for all the hard work also Richard Read for his heart felt speech on our collective love of film.
Took lots of pictures but heres one for a start more will follow.
 -

I got some nice Derann Scope films to bolster the collection along with a Hammer filmed in 2 Perf Techniscope.

Thank you to all who purchased film from me for my fund raising effort to aid MacMillan Cancer Support we raised £50.

My latest brain wave to offer 8mm on the spot projector repairs proved interesting fixing one Eumig and located a fault on a Elmo GS1200. Think I'll do the same drop in centre at sunny Blackpool.
 -
 -
 -
 -

NEXT UP!
 -

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2019 01:06 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another great event, with plenty to buy. Professionally organised and the catering from the church is amazingly good.

I filmed around a minute of the event on Super 8...we hope to show this at Blackpool this year.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 24, 2019 03:51 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What sort of filters or/and setting`s do you use for the indoor filming Simon ?

Have you had any other indoor processed on the kodak yet ?

Best Mark.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2019 02:00 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for posting the pictures Lee. did you have any more. and well done Simon McConway for filming on super 8mm. i shall look forward to you screening it at Blackpool. lets not forget all those who made a long journey to be there. Simon McConway. Simon Balderston David Watson Bob Nicholls Rob Foxon Tony Hutchinson Graham Burett Nigel Higgins Lee Mannering and many more. its the likes of yourselves that make it a success.

[ February 26, 2019, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Paul Barker ]

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2019 08:22 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Paul. Also hoping to show footage taken last year at Blackpool (by kind permission of Elaine Guest) as a tribute to our friend David.

Mark, in answer to your questions, I simply use an XL camera inside, and Wittner's 200 asa film; this always comes out well in lower light.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 25, 2019 10:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
XL = the size of the aperture for the uninitiated usually a cinema camera with less lens elements as well.
😎

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 25, 2019 12:26 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good photos Lee [Cool] however the second one shocked me to see the state of the 16mm projector in the photo [Eek!] It needed a clean....badly [Wink]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 25, 2019 02:50 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be the clarity of the Fuji S5 Pro camera now 12 years old with that magic chip.

The old fuji reps used to follow me around dishing out 35mm stock when I eventually gave in getting the S5 for work. Still love that camera body with its film emulation settings.

Yes that projector could do with a little spit and Polish

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2019 01:27 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The projector in the picture is mine its realy nice just some dust on the top as rarely used just for conventions.main part of the machine is clean.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 27, 2019 02:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for those pictures. It's great to see the efforts of people to keep the hobby alive !

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 27, 2019 02:02 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't worry about it Nigel I still have my stage makeup box from nearly 50 years ago some it is nearly growing moss!

Nice to hear so many loving Farnworth had a couple of phone calls today asking about Blackpool. Exciting times for any REEL film lover.

It's time for one of my Criswell Predicts moments.

I predict Blackpool 2019 this November will be a monumental success

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC