8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » BLACKPOOL 2019 Photos (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: BLACKPOOL 2019 Photos
Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2019 02:12 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photos. Dom I notice Lights Out and the Stars appear for the Saturday screenings, so can you (or others) remember other films that were shown during the day.

Graham S

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 20, 2019 03:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Impossible (for me, at least) to remember all the titles but among others : Santa's Pocket Watch, a Wallace & Gromit cartoon, a Little Rascals short, The Red Balloon, Pathe newsreels, musicals…

To avoid posting pictures too looking the same than those already shared by other members, I will go straight to the Sunday.

-

The queue. I was the first one [Big Grin]

-

An opportunity to have a chat with three of the Scadanavian visitors (from left to right on the picture). I'm sorry I don't remember their names (if someone can enlight us…).

-

-

-

The gentleman carrying films is (forum member) David Skillern.

-

--------------------
Dominique

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2019 03:57 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the films shown on the saturday all day film show were
1.Santa's pocket Watch cartoon
2.Johnny Appleseed Disney 600' cartoon rare in this country
2.The First of the few designing and testing the spitfire, Leslie Howard.
3.A Grand day out Wallace and Gromit
4.Madagascar Penguins A Christmas Caper

All super 8.
Perhaps others who were at the shows could add more here.

Dave...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 20, 2019 04:20 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

In another room, "uncle" Bob enjoyed us with no less than two super 8 projections. The last film screened was a digest with excellent colours of the british film Genevieve.

-

From left to right : Melvin (if I'm not mistaking), Shorty, Nigel, David and Jim.

-

-

-

That's all for this year. By the way, if anyone wants to use one of my photos (or more), feel free to do so and don't hesitate to ask me to send you the original sized one(s) by e-mail as you may loose quality by downloading directly from the site.

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2019 12:16 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dom and David for those film lists. An excellent mix, wish I could have attended the screenings.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2019 02:50 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another film shown on Saturday was the Edgar Kennedy short (supplied by Shorty) "Man Over Mouse". It was in the bring and buy Sunday and I now have it.
Here are some more pictures.
 -
Another angle on those 335mm machines.
 -
Films for the auction.
 -
The auction in full swing.
 -
Bill Davidson.
 -
Though there had been rain during the day we could still have a "As the sun sinks slowly in the West, we say farewell to another enjoyable Blackpool Convention" photo.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2019 03:44 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another of the Saturday films starred The Little Rascals in Divot Diggers......courtesy of Shorty I believe!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 21, 2019 08:38 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it - Cheers, Shorty

Greg Perry
Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2019 08:41 AM      Profile for Greg Perry   Email Greg Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to all of the fine folks attending Blackpool 2019 who took the time to take pictures and share them here!

For those of us who could not be there, the pics sure show what a fantastic event it is.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 21, 2019 10:12 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just amazing! Congratulations to all who took part in this incredible show. The all day screening of films sounds ideal.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 21, 2019 10:31 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Watson sent me some pictures he took during the three days for me to post them here. These pictures are from the Friday night and the Saturday projections. Enjoy.

-

Jim, Shorty, Oliver and...Dominique.

-

Nigel and Jim.

-

-

-

My camera cannot take pictures from a screen, so thanks David !

-

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 21, 2019 01:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are other pictures sent by David Watson [Razz]

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2019 01:36 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!
that is one huge reel of film! I wonder what film was on that?
great pics!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 21, 2019 01:46 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film was El Dorado.

More photos from David Watson :

-

-

-

Simon and Oliver.

-

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 21, 2019 06:45 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the last pictures sent by David :

-

-

-

[Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 21, 2019 07:18 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what great pics of this obviously fabulous event! Thanks to all who posted the pictures. Did Bill Davison get to talk about his years with Movie Maker ?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2019 12:25 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes he did for about 5 minutes before Bob's last film show. We was also informed of a DVD about Bill will be released sometime next year.

Graham S

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 22, 2019 10:57 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to wish Keith Wilton the best, he wasn't there. Dear man, quite knowledgeable and very pleasant - Understand his wife was under the weather, so Keith I do send best wishes to you and family - Hope to see you again soon - Cheers, Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2019 11:59 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Watson sent me other pictures.

-

This serie starts with Oliver in front of the raffle table.

-

-

The first winner of the raffle.

-

The first ticket drew the first ticket.

-

-

Four of the Scandinavian visitors.

--------------------
Dominique

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2019 01:58 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty, I had an email from Keith saying his wife had suffered a very bad fall (Mrs Wilton has severe arthritis) so he couldn't attend this year. Keith suggested he may not go next time either which would be a shame given all he has done to further the hobby.

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2019 02:09 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear that about Keith and his wife. Hope everything will improve for them.

More pictures from David.

-

The projection after the Saturday night dinner.

-

-

Simon, happy to be there as all of us.

-

The Sunday super 8 projection.

-

The auction.

-

--------------------
Dominique

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2019 02:37 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All these amazing photos take me immediately back to this marvelous Blackpool event! Thank You all for making every second unforgettable!
Can’t wait for next year...!

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2019 03:58 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith Wilton is a legend in the world of Super 8.

The whole world and history of Super 8 is in my DNA.

It's so great to see that it's continuing.

Simon, I'm sorry if I upset you. Please feel free to message me direct if you like and we can talk. I'd like that.

Blackpool looks better than ever thanks to you guys.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2019 04:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope to see again in 2020, Oliver [Smile]

More pictures from David :

-

-

-

-

-

The food at the hotel is excellent. I didn't stay there but attended the Saturday dinner and ate at the hotel on Sunday night (and also bought the light lunch available on Sunday in the hall at a very reasonnable cost).

-

The last picture sent by David.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 24, 2019 03:12 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other pictures sent by David [Smile]

-

-

David Watson and Bill Davison.

-

-

-

I hope that "uncle" Bob will provide us shows next year as well.

-

David Guets was with us during those wonderful three days.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC