8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » In the Elmo site there is a trace of the super 8 projectors!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: In the Elmo site there is a trace of the super 8 projectors!!
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 05, 2005 06:25 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another update:

Elmo have replied to the first email with what my friend describes as "a rather unclear answer".

Apparently, it could be possible to order from Europe, providing the person gets registered on the Elmo site. If we do business with them, we'll sort out technicalities when time comes (Sakiko would certainly help me with that).

Another email has been sent in order to make sure that the lamp is indeed an ESC. As I said previsouly, it would be pointless to buy expensive imported replicas that we could get from Germany, the UK, wherever, for a cheaper price.

I have been to Japan quite a few times and in some cases, business-wise, some people there would rather leave you expecting something and finally let you give-up when you're covered with cobwebs, than simply say "No" as they would "loose face". (It is not honorable to say "No" in Japan).

So, my friends, let's be patient as this might be a long and winding road before we get a firm answer, be it positive or negative.

I'm off to the USA this coming Friday so I won't be able to follow the case, but I will keep you posted when I return on January 25.

JM

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 06, 2005 02:52 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Confirmation from Elmo last night:
The lamp offered is NOT the ESC, it is indeed imported from Germany.
At least, this was a fast answer. They said they were sending us a catalogue of some sort. Wonder what this is...
More later...

--------------------

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2005 05:41 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... very interesting... a catalogue from Elmo, keep us posted Jean-Marc! [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Ian Curtis
Junior

- posted January 07, 2005 11:01 PM      Profile for Ian Curtis   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I was looking at that page with the belts, I know what a K110sm is, i have one. I know what a K100sm is I have one of those too. But it also says K120sm, I have never seen one of those, anyone own one, got a pic? can tell me what the difference is? anybody figured out how to order from that page yet? I need some belts!!! and I'd like a k120 is anyone has one....

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 25, 2005 11:54 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I feared, Elmo Japan made their last attempt at forcing us to give up with an email asking now to forward questions towards their European website. The site, needless to say, doesn't mention any film projector of any kind AT ALL. I guess you all know it, it's here.
Well, I guess we don't have to regret anything. At least, we got confirmation that the lamp was an import.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 25, 2005 05:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I had the same response from them myself about 2ys ago over some other parts. Eventually they suggested that I dealt with the USA or German distributors who of course don't want anything to do with the old Elmo film business. [Frown]
Interesting that they never even pointed me to the UK distributor unless AVM Ltd are just distributors for the German company?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC