8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » BFCC 20th October (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: BFCC 20th October
John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2007 11:44 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not long to go now and you'll already find the programme of events (subject to change of course) on the Next Event page of www.bfcc.biz.

By the way, Independent 8's latest list is already up there too. AND WHAT A LIST!!! Take a look at all those new additions at the end of the list. www.bfcc.biz/independent8.html

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 19, 2007 12:06 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still working on a similar idea for the USA collectors

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2007 07:55 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't we hold it at a joint venue Joe? How about Ealing Town Hall on 20th October? Want me to look up flights? [Wink]

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 24, 2007 05:20 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Its coming round very quickly. It just doesnt seem long since the May bash [Smile]

We should have a forum meet up again during the lunch break.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2007 02:22 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My generous sister-in-law has offered us a long weekend at her London home. By a big coincidence I just happened to pick the dates 19th-22nd October, so I might be able to squeeze in a visit to the BFCC (just try and stop me!)
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 26, 2007 04:18 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't be able to make it this time as I'm working. [Frown]
I hope to be able to come next May.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2007 11:18 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking doubtful [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
Tony

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2007 04:50 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be driving past on the way up Tony so I'll call in and get you!!!

Incidentally, 'Armchair Odeons' is just about ready for release and Uncle Keith is working on the master copies to make the batch copies right now. This is the original part 1 put out on VHS over 10 years ago and now updated to run about two hours. And this will be a first for Keith - a double disc release at no extra cost.

--------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2007 05:55 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

Looks like I'll be able to make it this year at last. [Big Grin]

Trying to contact Mike Peckham for a lift, as it's my first visit, and I can actually put a face to a name. However, if my request to Mike falls through, and there's anyone else travelling up from Sussex, I'd be most grateful for a lift. Naturally, I'd be happy to return the favour next time.

I believe I read somewhere that the suggestion had been made regarding the wearing of name badges. Has this idea been adopted, or not?

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the flesh - so to speak.

Many thanks and kindest regards to all.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2007 06:27 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David

I got your message and I do intend to go, in principal I would be very pleased to give you a lift and I hope we can work something out. I need to check who’s going first though as I usually travel up with Rob Koeling which entails a trip to Brighton first and then up the A23, in May I went up with Mark Williams and he got the train to Worthing and then we went up to London on the A24 (virtually passed your door no doubt).

I’m happy to take anyone who would like a lift, travelling up with a car full makes the day more enjoyable anyway! But will need to know who wants to go before we can work out the logistics.

Mark and Rob, if you’re reading this perhaps you could let me know if you’re going and if you are, would you like to share transport?

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2007 06:31 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,

Hope you are well,yes I would love a lift if thats ok.

Cheers Mark

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2007 08:26 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike,

Please count me in, if that's OK and you've got enough room. [Roll Eyes]

Just as a matter of detail, I am virtually on the A24. If you ignore the Southwater By-Pass and go through Southwater village itself (the old original A24), I can wait at the end of the long straight (Mill Straight) right where the road bends to the right just before dropping down to the village itself.

How's that for an easy pickup?

Cheers for now,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2007 06:26 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Guys,

So who is going to Ealing next week??

Cheers Mark W

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 13, 2007 07:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me not going either Tony so you are not alone. I am saving up for my 3 days at the Northern Film Collectors event at Blackpool.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside !
[Razz]
 -
 -
With my little stick of Blackpool Rock !

View the song at:: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNh40ZIRa0

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2007 10:34 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there Mark, but then you know that because we're travelling up together ( [Roll Eyes] ) along with David! Rob'll be there too I think and having a table again, so no doubt there'll be loads of 16mm goodies to be had.

John, looks like you're going to have another band of willing helpers to put the screen up as we should be there early, will there be pasties and srumpy in the projection area for the forum members at lunch time? [Big Grin]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2007 12:40 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,
Yes indeed I do [Smile] ,just trying to see who else plans to attend too.

Looking forward to having a rummage thru the bring & buy school again!! [Big Grin]

See you next Saturday

Cheers Mark W

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 13, 2007 01:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee,
Those great shots of Blackpool make me want to book a BA flight to Manchester!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 13, 2007 01:30 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
If you do, I'm so confident that you won't regret it, that I'll even guarantee to refund your money if you do! (That's your entry ticket, not your flight, accommodation, etc.)

However, Blackpool is being plugged in another thread, so the message here has to be SUPPORT THE BFCC!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2007 04:45 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks chaps! And it's only six days away now.

Keith's been spending a lot of time putting a one-off documentary together for video projection on the day. This will be all about 20th Century Fox music and it does sound absolutely fascinating. Before I moved to the end of the earth I used to see many of the shows before the big day but now I find I'm looking forward to what will be on screen all the more [Smile] .

On top of the video show there will be loads of Super 8 and 16mm plus the double disc DVD release of Armchair Odeons on sale and hopefully on view in the lobby. We're also hoping the latest issues of 'smallformat' arrive in time for discounted purchasing by those who don't subscribe.

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2007 04:53 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,
I'm definitely in for Saturday-count me in [Smile]
So, are the Forum members meeting like last time,and when?Or shall I assume it's same time and place as in May?

--------------------
Yannis

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2007 03:41 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lunch break in the projection area then.

Just got off the phone from 'Uncle Keith'... we have a pianist coming along to provide accompaniment to some early silent films for one of the shows. A commentary has just been added to the Elvis show (on the balance track if you're wondering), the music of 20th Century Fox show is complete and those that have seen it are verrrrrry impressed, the Super 8 morning show and new releases are assembled so all that remains to be done is for Keith to double check them all and get everything ready to bring along on Saturday morning.

The halls are booked from 8am until 6pm. That means we have to be cleared up and gone by 6pm. No hanging around for me then!

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 15, 2007 03:57 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a good line-up for the day once more. Looking forward to it and if the weather is good I might just pop up on Kermit2 [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2007 04:44 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

Just make sure your bike is well locked up, I'd hate to hear you've had another bike stolen.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 15, 2007 06:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Barry your right. Wonder if I could get it in the Town Hall [Wink]

Kev.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 15, 2007 07:45 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunatly i am having to work and well unhappy about it too, i WILL be going in May and will be ensuring i book it as an official time, I was looking forward to meeting up with everyone and in particular Luigi Petrin from Italy, can i be cheeky and ask you boys to look out for him ( ihave e amiled him) and welcome him as i know you all always do,
BTW, (get in before unattending dealers and grab the goodies) [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC