8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dirty Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dirty Film
Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2008 03:20 PM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am constanly getting hairs appear when I run a film, I clean the projector and blow out the gate with air duster but I can always get these troublesome hairs appear regardless of what film I use, Is there a suitable remedy for this? I don't know where they come from.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 04, 2008 04:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although we try to do our best to keep our films clean, those troublesome hairs get attracted to the film, and you'll run into them occasionally, but perhaps, with all the cleaning , some "fluff" from the cleaning might get stuck back in the projector.

after all, it has to get blown somewhere, and no doubt, some residue stays in the projector, just out of range, but with the blades turning, a slight breeze builds and where-ever those dastardly dust bunnies and hairs lurk, they go right back into where you just got rid of them!

It's one of those things we all deal with as projectionists!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 04, 2008 04:57 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Applying Film Guard will eliminate static electricity which attracts hair and lint. Also, you can clean the film path and gate with Film Guard.

If that doesn't work shave your head and other exposed body parts that are hairy. Shave any inside pets, children, etc. Wear only plastic garments during film showings. God I love this hobbie. [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2008 07:36 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on the topic of this thread, I was expecting something completely different! [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 04, 2008 07:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the second paragraph of Dan lail's comments, while funny, do not represent the decent folks of this forum and thier opinions ...

and besides, you shave your hairy parts because you ENJOY it, not for the sake of the projector,

heh eh eh eh eh!
[Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 04, 2008 09:28 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hair we go again! [Big Grin] My suggestions above are not pertinent if watching the $1000.000 Big Foot footage(is that a double entente or double D?) [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 04, 2008 09:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bigfoot footage? Is that thee ole Roy Patterson footage from the 1970's or has the big guy been seen again?

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 04, 2008 11:30 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, it is the same Bigfoot. I think this guy was envolved in the latest scam in Georgia a couple of months ago(a rubber bigfoot suit in an ice chest).

I would hate to get Bigfoot caught in my projector aperture. [Eek!]

Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2008 10:15 AM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it, you forgot to tell me not to do all this shaving in the same room as my projectors [Confused] [Mad]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 05, 2008 12:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep Dan, A big foot, thrust into your projectors can inhibit proper projection ...

Though there have been a few projectors I owned in the past that I just about put a foot threw after a precious print was eaten!

One of my close shaves almost cost my ability to bring forth offspring ...

but hey, my films project better, a good trade off, eh?

But like all good hair, (except for the mysterious casaba hair!)

it come back, bloody hell ...

wait a minute, that calls for another shaving!

Oh, Honey? Come here!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC