8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 824

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 824
Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2009 02:29 PM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having just aquired a Eumig 824 I see that the there are 2 film guides but only one pressure pad and unlike my S810 which has 2 pressure pads, Is one missing on this machine or does it use the same pad? also I have discovered the 2 sprockets one behind the other, but how do you use these when changing from Super to Standard? Any advice welcome.

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2009 02:42 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one is missing, as there should be two. My complaint with this is the somewhat ambiguity with the parts...But I have one and there are 2 sets of plates but only one set of sprockets if I remember. The reg 8 was already on permanently and then the super 8 fit over the top of it...
Cheers
I rec'd a Heurtier recently and low and behold there was no pressure pad so it is useless......

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Mike Tynus
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2009 03:31 PM      Profile for Mike Tynus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Eumig 824D uses only one pressure pad for each film guide.

And when playing standard 8 simply remove the sprocket wheels since the standard 8 sprocket wheels are there underneath and ready to go. Just be sure to push the little plastic supports underneath each wheel down while removing. The bottom one needs to be raised back up against the sprocket wheel once removed for proper threading.

Older models like the 810D needed two sets, but not later models like the 824D, so in your case nothing is missing.
Now enjoy the projector. [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2009 03:38 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops [Eek!] You are right the 824 had the little slot in the front cover that you stuck the one plate and then the sprocket wheels stuck on the top...I was thinking of the 712D

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC