8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » March BFCC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: March BFCC
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 22, 2009 09:33 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is the next BFCC being held in March, which is usually a cold and wet month in the UK? I much prefer the traditional month of May, when the English weather is so much nicer.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2009 10:27 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because the british are mad.

Problem is, Northern Europe in general is rubbish when it comes to spring climate [Wink]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 22, 2009 01:10 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

The reason is given in the thread on last saturdays event.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2009 01:19 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who cares about the weather when you are inside sitting in the dark watching the show!!!

lol!! [Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 22, 2009 01:49 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely, Mark

See ya there.

[Smile]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2009 06:46 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Won't miss it, next time!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 22, 2009 08:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm OSI. I am a personable indivisual who's dream is to attend the March BFCC ... before the bloody thing is no more!

Please send donations to Osi Osgood, and Osi Osgood will happily buy tickets to jolly ole England!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 03:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, is you PM working now? Let me know.
CIAO!

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 04:42 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plus I'm working througout April and May next year so March was the best solution all round.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 05:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, when do you think to be in a position to let us know where the next one will take place? I'm actually already planning my journey there for the occasion eh eh eh...

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 06:33 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian my email is working now, came back on wednesday. Sorry I forgot to email you. Same address as last. [Smile]

Graham S

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 06:35 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FAO John Clancy.

Hi John,

Could you please either find out, or else advise me directly, regarding the offer made by Dave Whistler, mentioned in my post on the last BFCC, as to whether it would be a good addition to the procedings?

If you remember, he offered to bring and show some original Edwards Air Force Base missions footage - all in 16mm.

Clearly it would be helpful if we could give Dave plenty of notice, and also ensure that it was included in the website and programme.

It was from Dave that I acquired the Ampros recently. [Big Grin]

Cheers for now,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 08:16 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, Graham. I will mail you soon.
Ciao.

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2009 03:32 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, if the BFCC continues past March 20th 2010 then there's always the possibility of asking Keith if he fancies doing something different. Currently we're having to look at the 59th BFCC as being the last one so we'll have to make it some sort of celebration similar to the 50th.

Personally I'd be very interested to see these films so it will be interesting to hear if others would too.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2009 08:10 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hi, I'm OSI. I am a personable individual who's dream is to attend the March BFCC ... before the bloody thing is no more!

Please send donations to Osi Osgood, and Osi Osgood will happily buy tickets to jolly ole England!

Hey Osi, here's an idea. Bring along a nice full length 8mm feature I want and I'll meet you there and buy it. That'll pay for your flight! How about ALIEN scope stereo? What's a return flight, about $350? Just how much do you want to go to the last BFCC?!

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 05:52 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes John. That's my feeling too.

How should we go about this do you think?

As one of the main organisers, would you be able or willing to invite a poll or something, or else get members to express their interest in a specific thread?

Look forward to hearing what you reckon.

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 06:18 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John and Graham, I'll write to both of you later to ask a couple of extra info.
Greetings from Verona. CIAO.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 26, 2009 09:12 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, for a split second, I actually considered it!

Note: A split second is a very short amount of time.

I didn't realize that ALIEN was such a rare one these days.

All joking aside, it IS something that I'd like to take myself, the wife and boy to see, especially if they6 may be few and far between in the future.

I know one thing for sure, if I am able to go, I will shoot the whole thing in Super 8 scope!

Aren't the rates rather cheap in March?

Also, if we were able to actually come up with the funds, would any of our freinds over in the UK be willing to put up a mad projectionist Yank and his alluring wife and lovely boy for a night or two. We promise not to each much, (mostly because I'm sure that I'll be glued to the hosts screen!).

I eat a lot of popcorn!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 02:10 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Alien is particularly rare it's just it's not available new any longer. I have two prints myself... and a couple of odd reels I think.

I'll speak to 'Uncle Keith' about the Edwards Air Force base David. He'll undoubtedly want more details but it will be good to whet his appetite.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC