8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Halloween Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halloween Show
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 05:59 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if any of you do a Halloween movie show for your neighbors, school, church, social club, etc.

I'm considering doing one each year for one of the local schools or non profits.

One of our local universities, "Texas A & M at Galveston" puts on a Halloween festival for the younger kids. I was considering doing a show of various cartoon shorts on that theme for the young and maybe a horror movie feature for the college kids later in the evening.

Just curious.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 04:34 AM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guy!
I recomend to do it if you have the chance or time,i do shows here in canary islands for various places,church on sundays,charity houses and university and believe me..is wonderfull because you can explain to people how wonderfull the film format is and almost always the kids and parents are amazing with the film projectors etc,my last show was "indiana jones and the last cruzade",i show the film in the beach on a very large cinemascope screen and was really emotional to me because the people there was very excited and claps their hands all the time with the action scenes and the most important thing...i explain to all the people there that the show was "on real film,not that cold cold thing called digital" and i have a wonderfull response at the end of the show because almost 80 young people was interested on film collecting and film making so,as you can see,is wonderful to do shows and make the people excited and happy with your "happiness machine" called film projector.
Regards.

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 04:47 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jose,

I'm so pleased your screening of INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE went so very well and you introduced those youngsters to the magic of film, well done you.

If there is anything else I can help you with you know where I am [Smile]

Best,
Rick

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC