8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 on Super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 on Super 8
Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2011 08:51 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw Super 8 this weekend and would love to own this movie on nothing other then, well...Super 8. Think CHC or Derann would consider releasing this feature? Is there anyone out there would be interested as well?

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 28, 2011 08:24 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam,

If it was at all possible to get the rights to any recent feature for a release, it would certainly be "Super 8".
While watching the film, I was thinking what a great 400' digest it would make.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2011 09:49 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have done well had I grown up in the 70s ( i was a 90s child) lol. I would miss my computer but at least I would have super 8!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 29, 2011 07:13 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No chance of Derann releasing it as they have been unable to release anything since their lab shut down. As it isn't out in the UK yet, I can't comment on a feature but I really hope Steve Osborne, CHC or anyone could release at least the trailer on Super 8 because it's hard to imagine anything else selling more copies. I'd hope that even some collectors who don't normally buy modern trailers might want it as a curio that would be an effective way to promote the hobby. Let me urge all who would buy a trailer to commit themselves here and hopefully we can relay the information to Steve O and Phil S.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 29, 2011 07:35 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree Adrian, the longer trailer would be a super souvenir for we collectors of Super 8 movies and film makers alike. The flat trailer would be ideally suited which would make it more suited for all as many will not have anamorphic facilities, hence a larger order for the lucky issuer. Top idea! [Smile]

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2011 07:40 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent Steve Osborne a 35mm print of the long scope trailer. This was before people knew what it was. I knew it was going to be good (Just a feeling). I haven't heard anything weather or not they will release it or not, but If we bug him enough I bet he will! So start requesting it...he has the master!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 29, 2011 11:50 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Adam, well done for being quick off the mark.

Steve (who I believe may monitor this Forum) - I'm ordering two prints on polyester stock, please! I have a friend that will definitely want one.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2011 04:49 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in. I'd like a trailer or the feature. I saw it twice and enjoyed it more the second time.

Bill [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2011 05:31 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not normally a new film guy but I would order this one..I keep thinking the perfect marketing tool would be to sell the little movie THE CHASE on Super 8, that way the studio could be involved, but it wouldn't interfere with their software sales....and maybe the sales of that would make them realize that there is another market out there to tap...... OR...as Steve and others have mentioned in the past, maybe there really ISN'T a market out there any more...

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2011 05:50 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good point Dino. I agree with you. I would buy "The Chase"

Bill [Smile]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2011 02:49 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's got to be the 'Scope trailer to stand a chance of selling well so count me in for a copy.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 30, 2011 09:28 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm committed! Or was at one point........

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 03, 2011 07:38 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else like to be counted in with regard to a 'scope 'Super 8' trailer? With orders on this forum from Adam, Doug, Lee, Bill, Dino and John, with my two that adds up to 8. If this forum has about 5,000 members, I'd have hoped that orders from just a half of 1% might not be unrealistic, which would be 25.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2011 10:03 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in also,if the price is right.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 07, 2011 09:19 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news: I contacted Steve Osborne regarding the demand for the trailer and he replied: "Yes, the negative to the trailer to the movie "Super 8" is now at the labs." So stand by to order it soon!

If UK buyers would like to save postage by ordering it via me, paying an equal portion of the total cost + whatever it costs for me to send it on, just let me know.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2011 02:03 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea! Count me in Adrian.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 19, 2011 06:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nipped into our cinema to see the poster and massive display for the feature 'Super 8' which opens in a few weeks. All rather exiting.
 -
It also gets its Blu-ray issue 18th Oct 2011

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2011 07:47 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in on the trailer!
This movie was great saw it twice also.
Cheers
Terry

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 19, 2011 03:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See if you can get Super8 T shirts or any other promo stuff out of this...I cant [Frown] The movie has finished screeing out here but I have the OK from Paramount to keep the 35mm print to bring back when we can get a slot during the present school holidays or just after, which at the moment is all Harry Potter, Kung Fu Panda, Cars2 etc etc [Smile]

Graham.

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2011 03:50 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any idea what the pricing will be for this? I will likely get a copy. I would also like to have the film the kids in the movie made.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2011 04:09 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You would like a copy of what, the trailer or the feature?

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2011 04:27 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in!

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2011 05:01 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, I realize that Steve Osborne is only doing the trailer. I would like to have the film that the kids made because that was one of the best parts of the movie, in my opinion. But I realize that is not likely to happen. I would like a copy of the trailer though.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 11, 2011 02:03 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to have the film at the end too. If the feature had actually been released in the mass market days of 1979, maybe it would have been a Super 8 release!

Anyway the trailer should be available any day now (if it isn't already) and you can order it on the new polyestar stock if you wish.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC