8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » FILMS YOU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN FOR YEARS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FILMS YOU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN FOR YEARS
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 09, 2013 06:01 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I’m not alone in years of film searching but how many of us have spent oh so many years trying to find a particular film?

My late father gave me an impossible task to locate a film on any gauge entitled ‘Josser Joins the Navy’ (1932) This was the film I spent probably 20 years trying to locate for my Dad who projected it during wartime and so wanted to see it again. It starred Ernie Lotinga and one of those British International Pictures which these days are long forgotten by just about everyone, but in the late 30’s they still entertained audiences. Sadly after years of film hunting and endless letter writing I never did manage to locate it for Dad even on 35mm nitrate which is a shame, but I wonder if any of you have also spent many years looking for that special title which means a lot to you or someone special?

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 09, 2013 06:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I started in November, I can't say I've searched for years. But still missing two titles I know I had as a child.

1941 - 2x400' and the one that seem to always avoid me, Twins of Evil 200' Walton

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 09, 2013 06:45 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Lee, I tried to get for my Dad, a feature entitled "Moon Over
Israel", I think it was a silent film from Michael Curtiz. Still, I had
no luck, my Dads gone, just my luck if it turned up!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 09, 2013 09:43 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Josser Joins The Navy" which was made in 1932 was too early a film to have been released on 16mm, however, see my link below for the 35mm material which the BFI holds.

Perhaps they can be persuaded to release it on DVD?

http://collections-search.bfi.org.uk/web/Details/ChoiceFilmWorks/150217025

--------------------
Maurice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 09, 2013 01:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Life and Times of Grizzly Adams"

super 8 optical feature with good color. Need I say more?

(whimper ... sob!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 09, 2013 04:25 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a long time, Slipping Wives - Found it, now it's a few others - Shorty

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2013 07:13 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Keep. On 35mm or a good 16mm print. Been looking for over ten years.

Star Wars 1977 IB tech. Been looking since 1985!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2013 01:58 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pete I love the KEEP, and HERCULES Derann 1X400 print still tracking them down.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2013 06:26 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say that I was trying to track down a particular film, but way back in 1975-76, when I had a Blackhawk catalogue, they had a 600ft Super 8 film of Errol Flynn in a tv production entitled The Sword of Villon, I wanted this but never managed to get it. I never forgot about it, and a year or two ago, out of curiosity I put it on Google, and found Paul Foster had a copy, so I wasted no time. When it arrived it was like new, so I was one very happy person.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC