8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Specto Royal 8mm projector.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Specto Royal 8mm projector.
Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted July 30, 2016 05:14 PM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just acquired a Specto Royal 8mm projector and have revived it with new belts, lube etc. It works well but I can't find how to adjust the framing and I don't have the instructions . Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I would be very grateful.

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2016 07:33 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nicholas,
If this is the projector then I too had the same question a few years ago!
It is where the film gate/lens holder swings out.
The hinge is a wheel that turns .... it's dark brown in this pic.
Does that make sense?
 -

or look at this thread for a better explanation :-)
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005805# 000000

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted July 31, 2016 07:26 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton.
Thanks for that, I'll check it out next time I'm in the workshop. I don't suppose you have a copy of the instructions you could scan and email me? Also, do you know what the threaded guide is for on the front?
Cheers,
Nick.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2016 11:12 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will get my projector out tonight and see if the instruction manual is there and I will see what the thread thingee is too :-)

--------------------

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2016 02:58 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Nick,
I don't have the instruction manual and did a web search for one,but they are only for sale where as I wanted a free one.
And I've no idea what that threaded thing on the front is,mine doesn't turn by using my fingers so its a mystery :-(
Maybe someone in the forum will know?
P.S. I enjoyed getting it off the shelf and admiring it again and it's a heavy projector eh!

--------------------

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 01, 2016 04:16 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton.
Yes, I have not even found one for sale, let alone a free download.Do you have a link to the ones for sale? Good to know I made you get it off the shelf. These old things need a bit of exercise from time to time! Yes, in the old days "heavy" meant built to last which is quite evident now. How many consumer appliances will last for 60 years these days?
Cheers,
Nick.

--------------------
NICKTHEBLASTER

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 01, 2016 08:49 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Printed Instruction Manual available from the U.K.
http://www.oldtimercameras.com/manuals/camera-manual-specto-royal-15454.asp

--------------------
Maurice

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 01, 2016 11:47 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice. I have seen and bought this item but I have a niggling doubt in my mind that this may be for a Specto Royal 8mm cine camera, not the projector. Too late now and time will tell.
Regards,
Nick.

--------------------
NICKTHEBLASTER

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 01, 2016 12:08 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to be for the projector.

--------------------
Dominique

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 02, 2016 05:15 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dominique, I hope you are right. I will post result when I get it.
Merci,Nick.

--------------------
NICKTHEBLASTER

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 02, 2016 05:44 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicholas
If you go down the page to Specto Royal it does say Cine Projector.
http://www.oldtimercameras.com/search/fullsearch.asp?SearchQuery=royal

--------------------
Maurice

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 02, 2016 10:57 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ta muchly again Maurice. Didn't see this list of items.
Cheers,
Nick.

--------------------
NICKTHEBLASTER

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 02, 2016 11:59 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicholas
You didn't originally see the table of contents as my first link was direct to the Specto instruction book.
Oldtimers are an absolute gem for old instruction books which are printed on demand, either blown up to A4, or the original size.

--------------------
Maurice

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 02, 2016 01:05 PM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ta muchly again Maurice. Didn't see this list of items.
Cheers,
Nick.

--------------------
NICKTHEBLASTER

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2016 12:30 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Nick,
when your manual arrives can you tell me what the front thread knobby thing is for,also I noticed the back edge has a hole that may be for something electric?
Cheers,Clinton :-)

--------------------

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 03, 2016 04:51 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Clinton. If you're referring to the round socket adjacent to the case clip, it is the connection for the power cord which requires a multi-pin round female plug.
I will certainly let you know when the instructions arrive and maybe, if you behave yourself, scan and email it to you if you want. [Wink]
All the best,
Nick.

--------------------
NICKTHEBLASTER

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2016 07:17 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nick,
Of course it is the power socket, I asked that while I was at work .... Why I don't know!!
And I promise to be good too 🙂

--------------------

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 09, 2016 11:03 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton.
I have received the instruction book and if you email me at nickwadham@hotmail.com I will send it to you. May take me a few days but I will get it done.
Cheers,
Nick.

--------------------
NICKTHEBLASTER

Nicholas Eric Wadham
Junior

- posted August 10, 2016 04:29 AM      Profile for Nicholas Eric Wadham   Email Nicholas Eric Wadham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton!
Just seen the icons at top of posts so now have your email. Will send manual (such as it is) asap. No mention of the threaded thing at the front though. Can anyone clear up this mystery for us?
Cheers,
Nick.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2016 06:07 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the manual Nick,
basic but it shows how to operate the projector properly [Smile]
Thanks

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC