8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Vintage projector motor help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vintage projector motor help
Alicha Grubb
Junior

- posted May 21, 2017 02:48 PM      Profile for Alicha Grubb   Email Alicha Grubb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a recent owner of a vintage Bell and Howell 8mm projector. The reel-arm was not turning, and in my quest to find the problem, I opened the back of the motor carriage. Unfortunately, I think I knocked something loose. The motor hums when I turn it in, but the drive shaft doesn't turn anymore. There are two copper springs with copper leads of some kind and two wires connecting those leads to the drive shaft. If anyone knows how to fix it, I would appreciate the help!

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 21, 2017 07:33 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Alicha. What is the model number of your B&H projector? Are you saying you opened the motor or just the back of the projector? Does the motor run when you turn the projector on? Check to see if the motor belt is good.

A picture would be helpful.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC