8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Loading Help: Bell & Howell 8mm Model 253-R

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Loading Help: Bell & Howell 8mm Model 253-R
Diana Ragas
Junior

- posted April 07, 2018 02:57 PM      Profile for Diana Ragas   Email Diana Ragas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My elderly parents are moving and we've come across my dad's old projector (Bell & Howell 8mm Model 253-R) and film reels. My dad can't remember how to load the projector and his attempts have been unsuccessful. The bulb is in working order and the motor is running, but something's just not right. We have no experience with this equipment. A manual is nowhere to be found with the equipment, nor online (including EBay).

Searching online, I've located some YouTube videos of this projector running, but none provide instructions on how to actually thread the 8 mm film. Can anyone help? TY!

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 07, 2018 05:32 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Diana and welcome to the forum. Here is a video of how to load the B&H 254. Your 253 should load the same way. Release the top sprocket latch and position the film on the feeder pins...then make a top loop and pull the lens towards you and position the film in the gate...then close the lens. Now make another loop at the bottom...open the lower sprocket latch and postinn the film on the feeder pins. Wind the end of the film onto the takeup reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMD00NKa27U

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Diana Ragas
Junior

- posted April 08, 2018 11:53 AM      Profile for Diana Ragas   Email Diana Ragas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You truly are a Film Goddess! Thanks ever so much!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC