8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » For Sale: Disney Super 8 - All types.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Sale: Disney Super 8 - All types.
Steve Rogers
Junior

- posted June 15, 2011 08:44 PM      Profile for Steve Rogers   Email Steve Rogers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came across this wonderful forum while doing a bit of research before posting a few of my titles on eBay. My collecting days are over and now its time to pass my films to those of you that have a more of a passion.

I am the original owner of all of my titles (More than 65 now.) I worked at the studio at the time and would often watch a copy at work, buy it, and never watched it when I got it home. Consequently most of my films are still in shrink-wrap or, if they were opened, the boxes are in pristine to excellent condition. I have feature excerpts, Animation and Live-Action, silent and sound, 200' and 400' reels, some from the parks as well. Approximately 60/40 percent shrink-wraped vs. opened but all boxes are super clean.

Here is the Link to what I have listed thus far.
SilentSteve54' s eBay listings

I appreciate any input from others in the forum.

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 15, 2011 08:59 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Steve

Sorry to hear you are liquidating your collection [Frown] Where are the rest of the films [Confused]

Good luck [Roll Eyes]

Pat DAlessio

Steve Rogers
Junior

- posted June 15, 2011 09:12 PM      Profile for Steve Rogers   Email Steve Rogers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have everything right here beside me. Nicely kept in an original Point Of Sale cardboard display. Here is a pic of one of the boxes.
200' POS Box

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 15, 2011 11:45 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve,

They are in lovely boxes, indeed. But the most important to us, the collectors, is the condition of their color. Most super 8mm from Walt Disney which were released in the USA have faded to red/pink hue by now.

So can you check if they are still having the true colors or reddish?

chers,

--------------------
Winbert

Steve Rogers
Junior

- posted June 16, 2011 10:09 AM      Profile for Steve Rogers   Email Steve Rogers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend with an old Elmo projector that I hope is still working. I will take a few of the open titles and spot check them.

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2011 10:14 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve, I am looking for copies of Indiana Jones Raiders of the lost Ark (400x1), Chinatown (400x3) and The Godfather (400x3). I've had very bad experience with movies that are still in shrink wrapped, I bought a two lots of super 8 movies (sealed) not long ago in ebay and all of them where in lousy condition. Because the the film can't breath and the vapor have nowhere to go, the residual chemicals on the film damages it.

So as it was suggested in other posts, please take a look at the films to see their color condition. I have lots of Disney films printed in the US in perfect color condition.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 16, 2011 10:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've pretty much said it all, Steve - NM or better and desirable in box and print I'm sure - As a box aficionado, I'm keen for them - Will stay in touch - Shorty

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2011 11:45 AM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve, I've talked to you a little on Ebay. Do you have any Mickey or Donald shorts in your collection? Also, what shorts do you have about the parks?
Thanks

--------------------
Scott

Steve Rogers
Junior

- posted June 16, 2011 12:53 PM      Profile for Steve Rogers   Email Steve Rogers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To: Julian Baquero - With the exception of a 400' reel of Gene Kelly in An American in Paris, a couple of Marx Brothers titles (Castle Films' This is War & The Incredible Jewel Robbery) and a couple of bizarro items (Ken Films' War-Gods of the Deep with Vincent Price & Yongary - Monster of the Deep) that I have no recollection of acquiring, it is all Disney.
To: Scott - As I mentioned earlier, I auctioned off most of my shorts in 2008 but I am still in possession of 400' reel compilations of Mickey's Memorable Moments, Vol. 1 & 2, Donald Duck's Dilemmas, Vol. 1 & 2, Goofy's Golden Gags, Vol. 1 & 2 and Pluto's Playful Pranks. Also, Silver and Gold collector editions of Mickey Mouse: the first 50 Years. All of those 400'.
For the Parks, here goes, America on Parade (DL & WDW), Main Street Electrical Parade ("Direct from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom",) An Evening at the Magic Kingdom, An Evening at Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, and A Day at Disneyland. All of those are with sound. I also have the silent Disneyland Attraction Highlights 1&2.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2011 03:23 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Steve! Are you open to shipping to Norway? If so, what would your asking price for the Mickey, Donald and Goofy 400' be?

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Steve Rogers
Junior

- posted June 17, 2011 10:30 AM      Profile for Steve Rogers   Email Steve Rogers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I would be able to ship to Norway or anyplace else but first I'd like to give any buyer an assessment of what the extent of color fading has taken place. From what I gather, unless there were stored in a refrigerator for the last 40 years the skies have definitely lost their blues and the trees no longer have any vivid greens.
I am without a working projector right now so I hope to meet a friend with one over the weekend. I will post my findings soon.

Preparing for the worst,
Steve

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2011 08:44 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Steve,

Unfortunately, you probably will have to check each title individually. One title could be red and the other perfect -- depends on the film stock used. Although running the film through a projector is ideal to check out the print, you run the risk of turning a mint print into something less -- I trust your friend has a well-maintained projector that won't scratch film.

With a magnifying glass in hand, or even the naked eye, unwind a few feet of film and hold it up to the light to see how the color is. Better yet -- check the edge of the film for markings -- regular Eastman will most certainly be faded badly by now. SP will be pretty good, and LPP excellent. I believe FUJI will be pretty good, too. The best Disney prints I have I purchase via Derann's used list -- some printed by Derann, and some from the original Disney home movies printings. As you may know, the labs in the UK used better stock than here in the US.

Brian K Gibson
Junior

- posted June 23, 2011 09:08 PM      Profile for Brian K Gibson   Email Brian K Gibson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Steve! Sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Brian

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC