8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wtb tom&jerry & looney tunes and woody woodpecker super8 sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wtb tom&jerry & looney tunes and woody woodpecker super8 sound
Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 02:23 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking to buy some of these films must have sound PM me what you have.
Austin

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 02:55 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin,

I noticed your message on Greg Marshall's TJ which is $20 for 5. I have asked the same to Greg and they had been long gone. But he also said that they have all faded (although brand new)

The only bigger chance to get TJ in good color is to get from UK or France. There used to be two leading companies, Walton and Film Office. Most of them will be on AGFA or LPP so no fade. Some Waltons were on Eastman and 3M hence fade as usual.

But Derann also released TJ after the above two companies gone.

Walton TJ can be cheaper for common titles at around GBP 3 - GBP 12, but then if you are buying from many ebayers, you will end up on high cost on shipping.

There are some good color TJ released by Red Fox in USA but their market price will be around $15-25 depend on the title.

As my indication in other email, go quickly to CHC website http://classichomecinema.co.uk/ see page 4.

They have several TJs priced at GBP 8. I have bought 10 of them and they are all on LPP. No fade at all and sharp. You see the one on youtube that is the color quality I received.

Shipping can be expensive but you get from one seller hence cheaper at the end.

Or otherwise try to buy one/two and ask CHC to send via Royal mail small packet international which I think will be around GBP 5 for 2 * 200' (afaik)

Good luck.

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 03:00 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you want to sell any of yours?
Austin

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 03:06 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin, sorry no.

I am a TJ completish. Now I only have 60 of them from around 110 title available in super 8mm.

FYI, I compiled TJ titles in super 8mm here:

[Catalog] The most complete list of Tom & Jerry on super 8mm. Anyone has all?

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

I love TJ they are all repeatable films.

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 03:10 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow 60 Tom and jerrys thats more than tripple of my whole film libary id love to see pics of your tom and jerrys(:
Austin

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 03:25 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Austin, I cannot because I live in two countries. My home town is Indonesia and most of my films are left there.

I arrived in Canada 3 years ago for my professional job without film but now also have already 20+ TJs and some other films.

Btw beware TJs from Derann and Red Fox do not have colorful artwork but only plain box with generic print out paper (which can be reproduced with printer). So do not expect too much on them. Film Office films come with pictured cardboard but again they are all generic 9same).

Only Walton and MGM that have beautiful artworks.

Anyway if you want to see my films in Indonesia, they have been in local magazine twice. You can see their scan here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003204

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004647

Austin, I know you are a young collector. I am not an old crack either. I am in the 40s, but I started my collection at the same age like you. I used my pocket money to buy films and it keeps growing until today.

I still have a professional job and that supports my hobby.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 03:27 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
Austin

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 03:41 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Austin,try Bd-cine.com in France,they have a very good selection of secondhand cartoons,they tend to be pricey.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 03:45 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks but a little too pricy right now plus what it would cost to ship. Hopefully i can find some from someone on the forum.
Thanks
Austin

What films did you get when you offered them $40?
Austin

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 04:50 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What films did you get when you offered them $40?
What do you mean by this?

If you are saying what you get with $40 (exclude shipping) at least you can buy 3 TJs in good quality or 2 TJs include shipping.

quote:
Hopefully i can find some from someone on the forum.
Yeah was so pity that you were in long absent period when Greg listed his films.

There some folks here dropped film for cheap price and even as freebies.

There was once Bary of Independent 8 even gave films for free as long as we pay shipping. And films that Bary gave not those scratches but just surplus to his stocks.

...and Austin, don't ever believe there will be TJ for £1 each. I have been collecting for years. He just made a joke [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 04:54 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was "Tom and Jerry cartoon kit" ever made on super 8? Its my favorite Tom and Jerry cartoon.
Austin

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 04:57 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just see my complete list link above. If it is there then "yes". Otherwise it is "no".

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 05:03 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its not there [Frown] Oh well. On another note , how long did it take you to make that list?
Austin

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 05:48 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was originally written by someone. I forgot who he was.I just continue it and add some infos.

What I need more is the French title for the English counterpart as French has different names while thye are always good in terms of color.

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 06:14 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many more do you have to collect?
Austin

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 06:30 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Young Austin,the man with a thousand questions.One thing that
eventually you'll have to do.is "bite the bullet" and pay those
shipping charges,if it is a title you really want,as not everything
made it across the pond,and there are some great films floating
about out there Austin.So don't just limit yourself to the local
stuff,our German and Italian friends had some first class titles
on S/8,and of course from Holland and the UK.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2012 06:58 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya probably (; but for right now im gonna stay local(:
Austin

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 08, 2012 01:31 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,that resolution of not buying overseas didn't last long Austin.
Good luck with your films.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2012 01:33 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same to you!
Austin

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 08, 2012 02:02 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin,I understand you were looking for "7th Voyage of Sinbad"
well I remembered young Hugo Lopes had the four parts for sale
on this very Forum a couple of weeks ago.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2012 10:27 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a link?
Austin

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 09, 2012 05:56 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Type in Hugo Lopes and look under Siegfried & Die nibelung and
you'll find his ad.Also the French firm Bd-cine.com are selling
all parts to jaon & sinbad.Good Luck.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC