8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » A Chump At Oxford Wanted (FOUND)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Chump At Oxford Wanted (FOUND)
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2012 02:14 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for a good print of Laurel & Hardy feature "A Chump At Oxford" in Super 8mm. I just found a copy!

[ September 13, 2012, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Roger Shunk ]

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2012 03:10 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one just sold on ebay just this week I was watching it for months no one wanted it, then it just sold. I was thinking about it but want to see the film before i buy as i am stuck with boheimium girl which is awful in my opinion.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2012 04:39 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Jim,
I have to agree with you the bohemian girl was not one of their best feature films! I went to bid on chump at oxford on ebay and my cox cable internet server went down and I missed it at the last minute of bidding.
[Mad]

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2012 09:35 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A CHUMP AT OXFORD is available in 2 versions -- 42 minutes and 63 minutes -- both from Blackhawk. They are actually 2 different cuts with some different takes, so even if you have the 63 minute version it is worth getting the 42 minute one.

As an aside, I agree that THE BOHEMIAN GIRL is not one of their best, but it actually contains some of their funniest material adding up to about 20 to 30 minutes. These are the pickpocket scene followed by the scene in the tavern where they divy up their take, and the scene with Stan drinking the wine he is supposed to be bottling. The rest of the film is rather dull but these are top-drawer scenes.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2012 12:47 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that info is good to know thanks tony [Smile]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC