8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » FS: [Odd reels] Top Hat, Mighty Joe Young, Most Dangerous Game, Birth of a Nation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: [Odd reels] Top Hat, Mighty Joe Young, Most Dangerous Game, Birth of a Nation
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 05, 2012 01:49 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are missing or have broken part of certain reels from your prints, here is the chance to replace them.

There are :

= Top Hat
- Mighty Joe Young
- Most Dangerous Game
- The Birth of a Nation
- The Man who knew too much
- D.A.R.Y.L
- Izzy & Moe

http://www.ebay.com/sch/s-8maniac/m.html?item=160892970351&ViewItem=&rt=nc&_t rksid=p2047675.l2562

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 05, 2012 02:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, is this your sale? Why did you attach Hitchcock's name to "Most Dangerous Game"?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 05, 2012 02:23 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez....!

Thanks JM, I have corrected except for the listing with bid, I could not correct it on the title, so must add more information on the description.

thanks again.

--------------------
Winbert

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 01:01 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert I just won your Joe Young 2 parter from eBay. Is this the orpan kid save part? And how much is shipping to Nevada? Send me back an invoice.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 07, 2012 03:27 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lakshmi, congratulation for your winning. For the scene, as writen some reviews in this forum, the orphan kid save is on last part which is reel #5 (Mountain Films) or reel #6 (Nostalgia Merchant). As per auction's title this is reel #2.

I followed you just bought a digest of the same title from Pat. I believe many scenes from this reel can be included to make your digest more enjoyable especialy to see Ray's special effect.

An invoice with shipping from Canada to Nevada has just been sent.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 07, 2012 04:07 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,congratulations on your sale,Mountain only did a 4x400
feature not a 5x400 of MJY.The orphanage scenes are on the
final 400' of the feature spool #4.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2012 10:34 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hugh for the info, but you know Winbert you should have had more details and said that it was from a 4 400 footer and that it was the reel from a 4 parter feature From you discription it sound like a 1 part and 2 part film digest. All I wanted was the orphanage reel which was on the last reel. I bid without all the information. I know I should have emailed you but I just was following your discription information. I did after thinking about it emailed you before paying and you sending it. I would have to send it back. You can still sell it to the next bidder I was only one dollar over . You can do a second chance offer I do it all the time when I get people who make a buying mistake. My eBay is godesslaksmi http://stores.ebay.com/godessmodel-builder-film-memorabil?_trksid=p4340.l2563 Oh there are no reviews of this film in this forum but maybe I should do one.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 08, 2012 09:36 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but you know Winbert you should have had more details and said that it was from a 4 400 footer and that it was the reel from a 4 parter feature From you discription it sound like a 1 part and 2 part film digest
With all due respect, I just wanted to make everything clear.

Don't blame my description because I never say this is from 2 parter. In fact I just knew there is 2 parter version after a forum member says that. It is your own assumption to think I was selling the 2 parter.

More over if I have two parter why I listed them separately?

This was the reason why I listed and put the title in this forum as "[odd reels]".

You should ask before the listing ended, but I only read your posting here (and also from Ebay) starting with "I just won your Joe Young 2 parter". So it means you sent an email after the listing ended. Why you bid for something you did not know only using your assumption?

quote:
Oh there are no reviews of this film
There are plenty discussions about this film in this forum mentioning the orphanage scene:

Mighty Joe Young

[WTB]: Mighty Joe Young Reel 3 & 4

Mighty Joe Young ending part

Reel 4/Mighty Joe Young

You may be right that I can make a second offer to the bidder below you, but only if he wants to buy. If not, then what?

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2012 06:03 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 200' version was only released silent and does not contain any Orphanage scenes.
The 400' Digest does not contain any Orphanage scenes.
A 3 reel version was never released.
A 5 reel version was never released.
The contents of the 2 reel version are unknown as only a few prints were struck.

Here is a summary of the information gathered from all the MJY Threads:

These are the versions that were released:
A 200' silent version. Ken Films -- American Release
A 400' Digest. Mountain Films -- UK Release
A 2 400' version. (Double Album Digest which is very rare) Mountain/Portland Films -- UK Release
A 4 400' version. (Abridged) Mountain Films -- UK Release
A 6 400' version. (Fully Complete/Unabridged) Nostalgia Merchant -- American Release Note: Reel #6 is mounted on a 400' reel but is only half full.
All of the above versions are in English Sound except for the Ken Films release.

Had you followed the Threads and read the Auction Description carefully and/or asked questions before the close of the Auction, you would have not put yourself in this situation. If you only want the last reel buy the 4 400' version and sell the first 3 reels! If you are such a fan of Harryhausen then its a mystery to me why you would only want the last reel because there are special effects in all the reels! [Roll Eyes] Now who has those two reels in their possession? You or Winbert? Because I was thinking of buying them myself for replacement footage.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2012 12:38 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Winbert I guess I'm wrong and yes Joe I am a fan of Harryhausen.MJY is the only film I don't have of Ray's work I had the silent Ken version 200 ft reel for many years as a kid. It was one of my first Super 8 films , I had a projector that worked with turning this crank up and batteries. Anyway it was not your fault. It was my fault for running before I had my shoes on. I will buy your film.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 09, 2012 01:15 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will buy your film.
Hi Lakshmi,

You don't need to buy for what you are not thinking to have. I just send an email from Ebay, please read. And if you can agree then we can cancel the transaction and ask the second winner to buy. I just need to convince the second winner that there is no bid shilling here or broken item.

Please reply from Ebay not here.... this is not the place.

--------------------
Winbert

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2012 01:38 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah sure Thanks thats okay I love Ray Harryhausen he is my bro and Mr. Joe Young rocks!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 09, 2012 06:13 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clear everything, Lakshmi has decided to buy the film.

So the film is on your way now Lakshmi. Thanks! [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Matthew Green
Junior

- posted October 17, 2012 10:17 AM      Profile for Matthew Green   Email Matthew Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert:

I am missing reel 6 of an 8mm print of "Birth of a Nation". I understand that your offerings are S8 - I suppose I could live with the superior image quality for one reel. Do you have #6 available?

Thanks,
Matt

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 17, 2012 10:43 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Matthew,

Indeed I have reel #4, #5, and #6 - end title. They are all on 400'.

But since there might be different way of spooling, please make sure that you are after the last reel ("the end" credit title).

I can sell you reel#6 only.

However since there is a good possibility that the starting point of reel #6 you meant is different with my reel#6, for the safe sake is advisable for you to buy reel #5 too. There you can find where is your missing point.

Just my last thing, shipping from Canada is never comparable to USPS media mail.

--------------------
Winbert

Matthew Green
Junior

- posted October 17, 2012 01:57 PM      Profile for Matthew Green   Email Matthew Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will check where my reel 5 ends. I've only watched 1-3 so far.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2012 11:43 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Winbert got the MJY film and saw it last night. It is great I'm glad I bought it. I have a little of the beginning and all the scenes leading up to the night club scene I have from Pat. Wow now all I need is the end of the movie with the child save. Then I will have a nice digest. Thanks Winbert just one suggestion look and list what the reel scenes are on it next time. It will save allot of time and confusion. Best regards from Mr. Joe Young

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 18, 2012 03:45 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do ...but not for odd reels with $9.99 starting price. I have a lot things to do outside this film collecting hobby.

But if the buyer ask during the listiing is on certainly I will find out the answer.

[Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Matthew Green
Junior

- posted October 24, 2012 07:24 AM      Profile for Matthew Green   Email Matthew Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if Reel 6 of Birth of a Nation [Blackhawk] is generally the same for 8mm and Super 8 prints? Thanks.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 24, 2012 08:22 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew, it can be yes or no. If the company who released stick to the negative spooling then yes.

I thing the thickness of the stock can be an issue, some stock is too thick resulting 400' reel cannot really sit 400' of film. Therefore one film may have different spooling with the release of the same film printed on thinner stock. If this is the case then it can be different.

BTW the "Birth of Nation" is on ebay now:

My listing for "the Birth of Nation"

If you want it I can end the listing. But it has to be before 24 hours the end of listing which is this Friday.

Good luck!

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC