8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » REMO Williams on ebay, (lowered Buy it Now price)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: REMO Williams on ebay, (lowered Buy it Now price)
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 07, 2012 12:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, in case anybody is interested, I lowered the buy it now price on REMO ... here's the link ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321018830627?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

All the best

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2012 12:39 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi
I love this film but aren't all of the optical prints edited like TV prints?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 08, 2012 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not all films were edited. Most were for language, (for instance, this one's edit is language), but REMO runs nearly a full two hours, filling 4X600ft quite nicely. This one is my "duplicate" print I have and has the same great color.

If an optical super 8 print was "R" rated, nudity and such would be edited, but that varied a lot by country. I once had a classic French sex comedy from the early 70's in my collection and upon first view, I was surprised to see a lovely young french girl completely in the nip swiming in a pool ...

... so a lot depended on content and country.

Every once in awhile, it just came down to running time. I was sad to see in my prinjt of "Superman 3" that the one scene that they chose to cut out was the complete scene in the bowling alley, (Superman uses his super breathe to get a strike, and anaillate the pins in the process). There was nothing offensive at all in the scne cussing or otherwise. It was just edited to allow it to fit into the less than two hour running time.

... However, sometimes the optical features allow for unintentional, wonderful surprises!

At the very end of the optical feature "Greystroke: The Legend of Tarzan", the last shot is a lovely panorama of the Jungle, (and fortunately, my print is LPP!), and that panorama was actually (in large part) a matte painting ...

well, in the very top edge of the frame, you can actually see the edge of the painting AND the pegs holding it in place to do that last shot! Aopparantly, when making this print, they took the original full frame of the 35MM original filming, (this was not a cinemascope release from what I remember) and didn't adjust the image in any way, so you get to see something that will not be seen in any DVD copy, letterbox or otherwise, (I know, as i once had a full frame version of this on video.

REMO is a fine print, and the edit of cussing doesn't harm the film in any real way. Thanks for your question,Dino!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC