8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Aliens Derann feature on ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aliens Derann feature on ebay
Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2017 10:55 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...Just noticed this tonight and although there are over 5 days left there are no bids! Wonder how much this one will go for?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=aliens+super+8&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xaliens+derann.TRS0&_nkw=aliens+derann&_sacat=0

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 08, 2017 11:38 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May not sell for much since its spelled "Alians". [Smile]

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2017 01:19 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, Alians (with out-of-sync audio on reel one) is up to $910.00. I must admit my eyes glaze over a bit when prices go much north of $300 or £250.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2017 02:48 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nearly $1000 for a scratched out of sync print. Some people have more money than sense.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2017 11:40 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With that list of faults it may be made up of some good reels and some "white box specials". I wonder if any reels are mirror image, Derann sold a couple of those cheap.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 11, 2017 05:55 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
unreal, for 200 i have a full 16mm feature of cross of iron on the way and its a 1st rate copy. Why the hell would you pay this for an out of sync scratched film. i would get more enjoyment from the $10 disc [Confused]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 11, 2017 10:44 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because..its the hobby! No hobby truly make sense does it? If you have the money and you want the film..more power to you I say. [Smile]
Happy Hobbying!

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2017 11:45 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, my sentiments exactly. Someone must really want to own Aliens on Super 8.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 12, 2017 02:10 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, having seen the screen shot, this is a non-blueish print. No wonder the price keep going up.

If you find the blueish print, you will bin it straight away if you see the good print like this. I bet those who are involded in the bids knew about it.

Here is the comparison between the two version:

-

-

The first one has natural color (eg color skin), good saturation, and sharp.

While the second print is so much blueish (human skin is pale), and soft focus.!!.

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 12, 2017 11:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're entirely right, Winbert! Gosh! That good color print of yours is absolutely gorgoeus! Lucky guy... Luck - ee- guy!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2017 02:41 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The second print should be advertised as "print as faded to blue".
Must be a Black and White version printed on colour stock.
Hahahahahaha !!! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2017 09:37 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...In finishing the topic, Aliens sold @ $920 after slowing down with 16 bids. A lot of interest in the final reel of the Fog $381, Jason and the Argonauts @ $355, NOTLD $510 and Sound of Music @689. Congrats to the seller and hope the buyers enjoy their Films!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC