8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Elizabeth Taylor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elizabeth Taylor
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 23, 2011 08:47 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth Taylor died this morning. Undoubtedly the ultimate film star, Elizabeth was also the most breathtaking beauty to ever grace the silver screen. Remember that scene in A Place in the Sun where Montgomery Clift is shooting pool and Elizabeth enters the room? Clift's reaction was also that of every memeber of the audience - there she was, a stunningly gorgeous vision. And a great actress too.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2011 08:59 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is very sad. She was so very lovely in "Ivanhoe". One of my favourite later movies she made is the excellent Agatha Christie Miss Marple film "The Mirror Crack'd". Another great Hollywood legend is no more.

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2011 08:16 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any theories, why the modern film industry does not have the caliber of stars of yesteryear?

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 23, 2011 08:20 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Any theories, why the modern film industry does not have the caliber of stars of yesteryear?
Actually, I think they do. They just don't have the longevity like the Liz Taylors of the past had.

Pat DAlessio

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2011 11:43 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An amazing, mesmerizing woman and actress. R.I.P.

-

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 04:09 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ELIZABETH TAYLOR,LOVELY WOMAN AND GREAT ACTRESS,I LOVE TO SEE HER IN IVANHOE AND CLEOPATRA,THIS ACTRESS IS FROM AN ERA WITCH
THE ACTORS LOVE TO ACT FOR THE LOVE OF CINEMA AND CARE FOR THE AUDIENCES,TODAY THE ACTORS LOOK FOR THE MONEY...

David Michael Leugers
Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 09:50 AM      Profile for David Michael Leugers   Email David Michael Leugers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that if they would have made "Gone With the Wind" 20 years later, Elizabeth Taylor would have played Scarlett O'Hara.
"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?" are my two favorites of her and shows the range she really had as an actress. Too bad she was mostly wasted on lesser films the last half of her career.

--------------------
Live Free or Die

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC