8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Is it really worth this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it really worth this?
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 17, 2004 05:48 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Just found this on the UK ebay site:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3394168648&category=1476

Well what do you think guys is it really worth a grand. [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 17, 2004 07:00 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flammin Nora is it a joke. I`d value them at about £5 each but they do seem to sometimes go high on ebay.
Personally I wouldn`t fancy handling them or owning them.
best Mark.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 17, 2004 09:08 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definately NOT worth a grand Kev, or even a hundred for that matter. I suspect the box covers are better than the films. Too bad they are out of focus on the eBay photo!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 17, 2004 11:28 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. [Roll Eyes]

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 04:24 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a choice for those of you with a spare grand, these films or a GS1200, i know what i'd go for. If he does manage to find a mad person to buy these films, then i suggest he goes out and buy's a decent camera.
Chris [Big Grin]

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 06:33 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For that money you could be well established in the 16mm camp as well.Camera,projector AND some films to get you going!

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 07:55 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or if you have films coming out of your ears you could have a bloody good holiday and with money left over to pay the extra baggage, to take your GS1200, about £180 or $300 ish

Chris. [Big Grin]

Or you could have one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3392259567

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 18, 2004 07:57 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm......I guess I should retract my bid.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 01:53 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well with a handle like stoneroses I can only assume he was stoned when he took the piccy and hit an extra couple of 0's on the keyboard [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 02:27 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just think Tony some of them are the Grannies working in Tescos now!!! Hello Love Got your Tesco card for your divie!!

Anybody out there remember these titles or confess to owning them!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 18, 2004 02:56 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow chris to call that portable is stretchng it a bit, portable compared to ost 35mm maybe,
Serious stuff that.
Best Mark.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 03:37 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey don't knock it Mark, I've got one of those 35mm machines. Keith has two and they are identical i.e. the Xenon version. We use these at the conventions and although they are a bit heavy they are definitely portable.

A bargain at the price.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 05:08 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, iv'e just got my class 2 licence, ever need a driver to shift those 35mm's let me know, will cost you your first place in the que though. [Big Grin]

Not an expert in any conceivable way.

--------------------

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 06:16 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:
Just think Tony some of them are the Grannies working in Tescos now!!! Hello Love Got your Tesco card for your divie!!

Anybody out there remember these titles or confess to owning them!:

When I joined the film industry back in 1970 the film lab I worked for in London. Harrison Marks was one of their best customers, I used to spend many hours watching check prints of June Palmer etc. etc. over and over and over again (it's proberly what ruined my eye sight)and contary to belief June Palmer is not my mum.
Judging by the focus on his camera his eye-sight is shot to sh**
Happy Days [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 19, 2004 06:44 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must have been a bit of a bob and bum overdose Ian after seeing all of those naughties again and again.
I once bought a 16mm elmo with a silent film with it that turned out to be the real thing, so to speak, got into serious bother when the good lady walked in as I screened it at about 2PM in the afternoon in the kitchen so I only saw a few minutes.
The projector was well shot mind so I took it back and the film straight away much to the happiness of the good woman." Get it out of this house now" etc etc etc.
The seller( antique shop) far from being unhappy almost snatched the film after giving me my money back and flew upstairs above the shop to check out !!! the film on another projector. he was a happy man.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give me a good Laurel and Hardy super 8 any day though, much more entertaining.
best Mark.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 11:48 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, JC, having seen your 35mm and always being up for a challenge I have asked the shipping cost to the UK. That would just leave me short of a 9.5mm machine and a 70mm one. Will let you all know ......

Ian, I can just imagine you in those days....brown flairs....long hair.....pouting over those naughty negs....applying your special lubricant! Ooo errr missus....

So Oh Great Mr Perry...do you have any 35mm films?

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 04:31 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats the girl from the shampoo ad you are thinking about?

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 05:20 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
35mm Tony , there just no stopping you, you really got the bug!! [Smile]
I want here all about this one, keep us updated, and when's the 35mm Lightwater feast.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 19, 2004 05:31 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hells Bells Tony at this rate you`ll be living in a batchelor flat full of cine gear etc the rate you are going.
Wasn`t the CL enough, thought that was a big step.
Mind you there is some grea stuff on 35mm not least superb trailers etc, if you can find a friendly projectionist for about £1 a go or even free.
35mm though, I think you need to get a grip, though not like the customers of the films Ian checked.
How do you blokes find birds who can deal with all of this cine clutter withought giving you hell.
best Mark.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2004 06:29 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hard Drugs and Wild Sex [Eek!]

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2004 10:20 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had ALL of these films......two years ago I was at an old guy's house in Toronto and he had two of these sittin out on a shelf. I enquired about them....he asked if I would be interested in more and I said "If the price is right". Next thing I know he comes out with this big metal Davey Jones locker box FULL of Harrison Marks and Ivy films. There were about 170 films in that box and he said take the lot of them for $500 Canadian. They were given to him so he had nothing into them. Sold every last one of them seperately on Ebay with some fetching up to $75 U.S. a piece. But of course that was the June Palmers that commanded that kind of money.

D'Arcy
Former Smut Peddler

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC