8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Just how bad is it?.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just how bad is it?.
Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2004 02:03 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, as a new boy on the forum I have spent a lot of time trawling through old posts and trying to absorb as much information as possible. One thing that has caught my eye is that the film The Robe comes in for a lot of stick. Just how bad is this film. Every dealer who produces film list all seems to have a healthy stock of this title at very reasonable prices.
Thanks
Craig [Smile]

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2004 04:46 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Craig, welcome to the forum. In reference to "The Robe",are you asking about the content as far as editing, or quality of the super 8 film itself?

Nick.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2004 05:13 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Craig

The Robe is the one with Victor Manure (spelling is correct) who had the big tits according to Groucho.

The Rose is about another beastie with big tits who is a lot harder on the eyes and ears.

The 20th Century Logo and Plastic case (always mint is nice)and can be used to replace others.

The film as Father Jack would say the film is fecking awful!!!

I am trying to think of another worse 8mm release but have a mental block and can only think of The Conversation which is also dreadful but thankfully was never released on super 8.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2004 06:38 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike, that’s another one off my Christmas list. Any good recommendations?
Craig [Smile]

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2004 03:09 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, well feck me, your back on line!!

Do you know I am still waiting for Grandpa Ian to give me one of his many copies of the Rose!

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC