8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » John Bird Film Collector is on Anglia TV's The Way We Were SUN 10th July 05

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: John Bird Film Collector is on Anglia TV's The Way We Were SUN 10th July 05
Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2005 06:55 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quickie as I'm on Hols...

John Bird a veteran film collector known to many collectors no doubt will be appearing in the Anglia TV region this weekend in the above documentary series, together with many filmed memories.

Sunday 10/07/05 @ 18:00 (I think) Anglia and London ITV regions.

If you know him please let him know it's airing should he not already be aware.

Cheers, Rick.

|  IP: Logged

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2005 03:15 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this has gone unnoticed but for those interested it's on 'air' tonight in the London and Anglia regions [Smile]

Rick

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2005 03:18 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky

Not sure if I can get this channel- will certainly look out for it. I have a couple of films that John used to own and despite being obviously well run they are in generally superb condition- clearly a sign of a man passionate about s8 and looking after his equipment.

Can I ask a favour and if it is possible for you to record the section with John just in case I can't get it? I know it is a lot to ask but would be great to see it. I could drop it onto a DVD and anyone on the forum could watch it and pass it on to someone else who wants to see it etc etc

--------------------
Tony

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2005 03:44 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,

I'll see what I can do. [Wink]

Rick

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 10, 2005 04:45 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I will record it on my DVD recorder so that if anyone wants to see it they can have a copy on DVD.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2005 09:01 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

Thanks. If you send to me I will then be pleased to post on to the next person.....

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 10, 2005 09:40 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I can run a few of Tony, no probs.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2005 09:46 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Kevin,

That's something less for me to worry about [Big Grin]

Hope y'all enjoy Johns 7 mins (approx) of fame!

Rick

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 10, 2005 10:01 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, being able to tape a TV show straight to DVD, that's pretty neat... I wonder if you'd also be able to encode that DVD to an MPEG4 (XviD) file on your computer so that some of us could simply download it from you and watch on their computers...? [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 10, 2005 05:05 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
You better contact me direct about that Jan. I have not done any of this Mpeg4 stuff.
BTW the prog was good and I really enjoyed the whole prog as well as John's 7 mins of fame.

If anyone wants a copy on DVD then let me know.

Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC