8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 6 Elmo GS1200's on EBay, is this a record?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6 Elmo GS1200's on EBay, is this a record?
Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2005 06:03 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are currently 6 Elmo GS1200's listed on Ebay!! [Eek!] I wonder if this is a record??

1)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Elmo-GS-1200-Stereo-Soun d-Super-8mm-Film-Projector_W0QQitemZ7538705426QQcategoryZ15253QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Elmo-GS-1200-Super-8mm-Sound-project or_W0QQitemZ7537824497QQcategoryZ15255QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELMO-GS-1200-STEREO-SOUND- 8MM-PROJECTOR-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ7538054026QQcategoryZ15253QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELMO-GS-1200-STEREO-SOUND- SUPER-8-FILM-PROJECTOR_W0QQitemZ6423967586QQcategoryZ63821QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/elmo-ELMO-GS-1200-1-4-gs-1200-impe ccable_W0QQitemZ6422920201QQcategoryZ52552QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

6)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Elmo-GS-1200-Super-8-Projektor_W0QQitemZ57993 20285QQcategoryZ8271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A great opportunity for anyone who's on the lookout for the best Super 8mm projector.

Rick

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 16, 2005 11:00 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, I think a few of those people are going to end up dis-apointed that thier projector didn 't sell as well as they wanted it to. That's one of the problems with ebay, you can look ahead and see if there are any other projecotors of your make on, but every once in a while, a whole bunch become available and it brings the price down overall. One of those guys wants over a thousand just for the starting bid. Though it's the cream of the crop, I doubt it'll sell, but I'll watch it, just to see what happens. If I didn't have such a good reliable stereo projector in my Eumig 926, I'd buy a GS1200.

All the best!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 16, 2005 12:42 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Only the first one on the list is of the later generation GS's all the others are version 1's

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2005 12:53 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kev, what is the difference between GEneration 1 and 2? Not very clear on that.... Thanks, Rob
I am STILL such a NOVICE!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 16, 2005 01:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, that version 3 projector looks like mine -it still has the dots on the volume and tone controls instead of the lines on the late models. Possibly an early version 3?
Also note that the green threading loop former is stuck in the depressed position, something which should not be happening to an un-powered machine. But hopefully easily fixable.
I think #4 is also a version 3.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2005 03:24 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
version 3? version 2? i need to find the elmo gs 1200 model informative guide available at walmart.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2005 10:34 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin Faulkner :

How do I tell if the two GS-1200s I have are Version 1,2 or 3?

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 17, 2005 01:18 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, your right about that but I have just noticed that number 4 is the same. Ver 3 but with dots on the vol & tone controls...bizarre! The loop former will stay down if either the machine is switched off with it down or its pushed down while unpowered.
Steve, Ver 1 & 2 machines have dots on their vol & tone controls, ver 3 has lines. Ver 1 & 2 have forward pointing loop restorer lever but ver 3 has a backward pointing lever. This is probably the best way to tell which is which as the Film path under the lens was changed between the ver 2 & 3 machines. Ver 1 & 2 have a film loop which comes out under the lens and ver 3 has a loop which goes backwards into the body of the machine towards the lamphouse.
Ver 1 machines had no electronic control of the takeup motors but a control board was introduced in the ver 2's. If its a ver 2 machine it will have a small metal roller which moves at the film entrance. Ver 1 machines have a small static black plastic roller in that position. So what does that roller do in the ver 2 & 3 machines? well in the ver 1 machines it was found that if you put a film in reverse play with a small feed spool say 50 - 200ft....the reverse takeup motor could drag the film through the top sprocket. In the ver 2 & 3 machines they eliminated this problem by putting in a control board so the that the tension of the takeup motors could be adjusted. When using a small spool on the feed arm and in reverse, the switch will get triggered is the film tension gets too great and this in turn will reduce the current on the motor which will lower the tension.
On the ver 3 machines they changed the film path layout to the same as they had been using on the smaller ST600/180. This gives a much steadier picture and reduces fluuter on the film soundtrack. The ver 1 & 2 machines had the same path as the ST1200. On theses earlier versions and the ST1200 you can hear a throbbing noise on very loud portions of soundtrack. This is in fact called flutter and is caused by the film movement not be ironed out sufficiently before it enters the sound head. The newer path layout virtually eliminates this effect.
Going back to the dots on the knobs.....it was always thought that dots meant ver 1 & 2 and lines meant ver 3 but I ma now wondering if there were a few ver 3 machines perhaps from earlier batches which had dots? probably the changeover in production. The loop restorer lever is the best way to tell the difference between them.
Hope that clears all that up for you guys [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC