8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 400ft sequence suggestion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 400ft sequence suggestion
David Michael Leugers
Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2005 06:33 PM      Profile for David Michael Leugers   Email David Michael Leugers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wonder if anyone has suggested for a 400ft condensation print to make the opening B+W sequence from "Van Helsing" as a complete section in scope/stereo? I find it to be like a mini film in itself and the best part of the whole film. Great visuals.

David M. Leugers

--------------------
Live Free or Die

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 18, 2005 08:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[deleted]

(Had nothing to say, really)

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Scott G. Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2005 08:43 PM      Profile for Scott G. Bruce   Email Scott G. Bruce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan? Nothing to say? ?!? SGB

--------------------
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 18, 2005 09:58 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol... I'm a bit embarrassed, I replied by saying "Not a bad idea" but then figured I ought to be saying more than just that... went back to edit my post... and drew a blank [Eek!] I just had a dumb moment there, is all.

Still, not a bad idea, though. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 19, 2005 07:47 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No disrespect, but any reel featuring anything from 'Van Helsing' would benefit from the bandsaw treatment, in my opinion!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2005 09:40 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan was not lost for words. It's only that you needed to pass the super 8 film over the sound heads to watch and hear him speak. [Big Grin]

I love the cells of film, but how long are you planning to remain inside those little 8mm frames? By the way, how does it look, peering out of K40 film? [Confused]

Just promise us that you will not drink up all of the Filmrenew. [Big Grin]

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 20, 2005 10:52 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smart... hehe... [Big Grin] only two problems: 1. my mouth clearly isn't moving between frames and 2. there is no magnetic stripe on that piece of film, is there [Wink]
The FilmRenew isn't so bad, I'm more worried about staying cool & dry, lest I want to live with a permanent vinegar smell up my nose [Eek!] As for living inside the frames, it's quite colorful in there... [Cool]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 21, 2005 01:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the beech landing from Private Ryan would make a superb 400 or 600 ft double bill with the pearl Harbor extract.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2005 05:00 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take another scope/stereo cut from Terminator 2, or the crane / truck / police car chase from Terminator 3.

Nick.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2005 10:06 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the suggested Saving Private Ryan extract idea.

Jan, thanks for the perspective of looking out into the world of 8mm. Funny stuff. [Big Grin]
Now I know how to hide, when my wife screams that I bought more film.

So far, I am not that brave to show my own smily face in public. I guess you can say that I'm still in the dark. This is the best part of the hobby. We have become one with the super 8 message. [Big Grin]

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 21, 2005 10:38 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don'tcha worry, Michael, sooner or later you will be EXPOSED...

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2005 08:18 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
Exposed , you dare say!?!?!?!

To think I was merely over processed. [Big Grin]

So sorry if I believed that the picts were on K40 sound stripe film. But as all of probably began in Silents, then I guess that we are all evidently speaking through the use of caption cards in this 'Silent majority' Forum.

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 23, 2005 11:10 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, Buon Natale ed un anno nuovo Felice - Pray for me - Shorty

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2005 01:43 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

You've got it 'bro.

Merry Christmas, and to all a good night.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2005 02:32 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The T Rex sequence from Kong Kong... it's Scope too!!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC