8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Members from German, please help me with this...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Members from German, please help me with this...
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 17, 2006 09:56 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This forum has been so quiet lately, so I am waking up the members, especially those from German, with the below question.

So, Eberhard Nuffer, Ralf Hoff, Andreas Eaggeling, and Jan Bister (a non-Germany but has en estensive experience in this language) are invited to solve this problem.

I bought several films from German and now try to re-dub it in to English.

I have several titles that I got confused when searching them in IMDB for their English titles.

So could you help me out in giving the English title for the following movies:

1. Goodbye Bruce Lee "Der Kung-Fu König" & "DIE FALLE" (2 x 400, from Marketing Films)

-

2. "Unbesiegt bis in den Tod" or "Der König des Kung-Fu" (This is Bruce Li Film, I don't know which one is the title but this 2 x 400 from Piccolo Film red box). This is the picture

-

3. Steiner - Das eiserne Kreuz, 2. Teil (This is a sequel to Steiner or in english is "Cross of Iron")

4. Wang Yu - Jeder Schlag ist tödlich (Martial Art)

5. Der Grosse Krieg Der Planeten ( I know this is Japanese, but if you happen to know if it has ever been dubbed into English)

6. Die Superglatze Mit Telly Savalas

7. Die Filzlaus "Bullenjagd Auf Filzläuse" (2 x 400 from Marketing). I think this is French movie "L'Emmerdeur" but if you happen to know the English dub (Jean-Marc probably could help?) for this title.

8. Maschier Oder Stirb (= March or Die is it correct? 3 x 400 from Marketing)

9. Knochenbrecher schlägt wieder zu (=Dance of the Drunken Master)(= Dance of the Drunk Mantis?)

10. Ein Mann sieht rot (= Death Wish?? 3 x 400 from Marketing)

11. Bruce Lee Todesgrüsse aus Shanghai = First Fury (Chinesse Connection), I also found "Big Boss", which one is right?

Sorry if those are too many, bu thanks in advance for your help

winbert

[ January 17, 2006, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2006 02:15 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

according to the most comprehensive German database, the LEXIKON DES INTERNATIONALEN FILMS, the original and/or English titles for these movies are as follows:

1. Goodbye Bruce Lee (HK 1975): GOOD BYE BRUCE LEE - HIS LAST GAME OF DEATH

2. Bruce Lee - unbesiegt bis in den Tod(HK 1976): LI HSIAO LUNG CHUAN CHI; engl.: BRUCE LEE - TRUE STORY; BRUCE LEE: THE MAN, THE MYTH
(I suppose this is the same one as Derann's two-parter "Bruce Lee - The Man - the Myth" which I happen to have in 'Scope)

3. Steiner - Das eiserne Kreuz, 2. Teil (GER/USA 1979): BREAKTHROUGH/SERGEANT STEINER

4. Wang Yu - Jeder Schlag ist tödlich (HK 1970): LONG HU DOU; engl.: CHINESE BOXER/HAMMER OF GOD

5. Der grosse Krieg der Planeten (JAP 1977): WAKUSEI DAISENSO/THE WAR IN SPACE

6. Die Superglatze: UFA-created title for part 2 of the two-parter EIN MANN GREIFT ZUR WAFFE (USA 1971): CLAY PIGEON

7. Die Filzlaus (France/Italy 1973): L'EMMERDEUR/IL ROMPIBALLE; engl.: A PAIN IN THE A...

8. Marschier oder stirb (UK/USA 1977): MARCH OR DIE

9. Knochenbrecher schlägt wieder zu (HK 1979): NAN BEI ZUI QUAN; engl.: DANCE OF THE DRUNK MANTIS - DRUNKEN MASTER

10. Ein Mann sieht rot (USA 1974): DEATH WISH

11. Bruce Lee - Todesgrüsse aus Shanghai (HK 1972): JING WU MEN; UK-Title: FIST OF FURY; US-Titles: THE CHINESE CONNECTION/SCHOOL FOR CHIVALRY

Hope that helps,

Eberhard

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2006 02:39 PM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Hello Winbert,

I try to give you the englisch titels for the S8 releases, but it is very difficult because in some cases the german distributors gave the second part a separt title and in some cases the gave the full film a new (S8) titel an used not the cinema titel.

But here are the results:

1. Goodbye Bruce Lee = BRUCE LEE - HIS LAST GAME OF DEATH
2. Unbesiegt bis in den Tod = BRUCE LEE - TRUE STORY
3. Steiner - Das eiserne Kreuz, 2. Teil = Sergeant Steiner/Breakthrough (US-Titel)
4. Wang Yu - Jeder Schlag ist tödlich = Chinese Boxer, aka
Hammer of God, aka Hammer of the Gods, Originaltitle Long hu men
5. Der Grosse Krieg Der Planeten = WAKUSEI DAISENSO (Orginaltitle), THE WAR IN SPACE
6. Die Superglatze = Clay Pigeon
7. Die Filzlaus = L' EMMERDEUR, IL ROMPIBALLE
8. Marschier Oder Stirb = March or Die
9. Knochenbrecher schlägt wieder zu = Dance of the Drunk Mantis - Drunken Master
10. Ein Mann sieht rot = Death Wish
11. Bruce Lee Todesgrüsse aus Shanghai = Bruce
Lee - The Chinese Connection (Fist Of Fury)

I hope this helps you to find the englisch DVD/VHS for rerecording.

Greetings
Ralf

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 18, 2006 06:55 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Eberhard and Ralf,

I will try to find those DVDs. Hopefully they are available. I have a brother live in the UK who has joined the widest collection DVD rental in UK ie. Screeen Select. I have cheked their website http://www.screenselect.co.uk/ and some of the titles are available. I will ask my brother to rent them and take the sound for me (for personal use only, off course)

But anybody from UK if there is another DVD on-line rental which has also wide selection, please let me know. Just in case that the titles I am after are not available from Screen Select (I have cheked that "Sergeant Steiner" "L'EMMERDEUR/IL ROMPIBALLE" and "The War in Space" are not there).

I wish one day I were in German. It is so lovely having seen their 8mm movie selections. So various and not that expensive like in the UK and USA.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 20, 2006 01:22 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out at Play.com

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=r2actor&searchstring=Bruce+Lee&page=search&Go.x=40&Go.y=6

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted January 21, 2006 01:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I was a teenager, I have always had a special fondness for Der grosse Krieg der Planeten - I actually own the German-dubbed PAL videotape of this movie (full length, of course). I also had the super-8 3x400 digest print of the same film for a while but have re-sold it a while ago.
In any case, I've not heard of an English-dubbed version of the film although I think one should surely exist. An eBay seller once had the movie on VHS (NTSC) for sale, with its original Japanese dialogue and English subtitles. I was considering buying the tape but eventually passed it up because I really wanted English dialogue - but as I said, I've never found an English-dubbed version of the movie.

By the way, Winbert - I am as much a German as Ralf and Eberhard are (born and raised in Germany), I just live in the USA now, that's all. [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC