8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » a night to remember super8vs the rest.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a night to remember super8vs the rest.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2006 08:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone out there remember this old powell films release?.well ive seen it on tv, dvd criteon edition,laser disc,and of course super8mm.with the exception of the super8mm version every other one has a 20 second cutfrom it.and video,ld,dvd etc is and was better than old super8 is pure fantasy,in my view.what do other members think?.andy.

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2006 06:06 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Andy, this is a good dramatic and moving film. What is the sound quality like on your print? I have the 2 reel version in its original Powell Films box and while the editing and print is quite good the sound is a little bass-heavy which does distract from the overall experience.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2006 11:48 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hello there,i also have the two reel digest and my one is the same as yours.must have been printed on the same machines.cheers andy.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC