8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » disneys hercules/which print is the best?.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: disneys hercules/which print is the best?.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2006 03:52 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hello everyone.was disneys hercules ever released on super8mm;and which disney super8 release has the best print and sound quailty?.andy.

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2006 05:22 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, the Disney features were all of a very high quality with the exception of 'The Little Mermaid'. As to which is the best quality I suppose that is subjective and you may get a few different answers. 'Toy Story' was ultra sharp, 'Lady&The Tramp looks magnificent in scope, The Resuers Down Under has a far better print quality than the dvd version and it has the best mono soundtrack I personally have heard. It's hard to find fault with any of the features I have owned, loved them all.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 25, 2006 09:14 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Beauty and the Beast" is a stunning print as is "Pinocchio"! "Dumbo" and "Snow White" are very good but the animation is not on the same level as the previous two. "Toy Story" is great as Mal has said.
And I used to own Mermaid but I couldn't stand how soft the print was so I parted ways with it. I also hear that "Hunchback of Notre Dame" is supposed to be very good as well.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2006 05:02 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Hunchback of Notre Dame" is an outstanding print; pin sharp with beautiful colour; it really doesn't get any better than this.

Other Disney's I currently have which are also of excellent quality are "The Aristocats", "Sword in the Stone", "The Lion King", "Aladdin", "Beauty and the Beast" and "Sleeping Beauty".

Derann certainly struck gold with their Disney deal. I think Disney provided them with some of the best quality negatives we are ever likely to see printed on 8mm.

Unfortunately Andrew, "Hercules" didn't make it to super 8 as a full length feature.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2006 10:49 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
i have the little mermaid and i love it to bits.the print could have been sharper;i also own aladdin and its superb.we really shoul thank the late great derek simmonds and derann for getting those titles that are avaible to the super8 collector.andy.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 26, 2006 12:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
They are basically all great prints. I pride myself with having 19 of Derann's Disney features and as has been said before the only bad one was Little Mermaid.
The print and sound quality on all of them is stunning but for me the best is Beauty and the Beast. It's a real stunner and shows 8mm off to its best.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2006 02:50 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks everyone for the replies;derann and disney released great super8 prints by the sound of it;after the little mermaid,which did let the side down a bit,but i still wouldnt sell it for love or money.yes everyone i too am a disney fan.andy.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC