8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » static noise from my gs1200 speakers at swicth on.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: static noise from my gs1200 speakers at swicth on.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2006 11:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hi there,has any gs1200 owner every had feedback/satic sound from the projectors speakers?.
the noise lasts for about 10 seconds.
can some else help mne out here.
please advise me on the correct course of action.andy.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 23, 2006 03:20 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew,

Is it a really loud sratchy sound and is it from both speakers?

First thing to try is to slide the white safety record tap to the rec position and then with the machine in forward mode push in the record tab and then put the machine in and out of record a dozen times by pushing down the red record tabs and then sliding the safety tab back. Keep repeating this for say a dozen times. Doing it that way saves you having to keep stopping and starting the machine.
The record/Play switches in the machine get tarnished contacts due to lack of use. Most projectors spend most of their lives just showing films so never get put into record very often which is a shame becuase the switch contacts are self cleaning if used.

Whenever I have my GS out I always put it into the record mode a couple of times just to keep this sort of probelm at bay.

The static noise is probably due to the high resistance you get at the tarnished contacts.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2006 03:30 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
now sorted.andy.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 03, 2006 04:21 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, but what was it? Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2006 10:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
in my view it was dust that was sitting on the
speakers.after id clean them it worked like a charm.
my lamp died on sunday and the one that was in the
elmo cover was another EWF.thats the one with a
textuerd pattern on it.andy.
p.s it works but instead of orange its a blue/white
colour.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC