8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Kodachrome 40 Processing Stop Date

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodachrome 40 Processing Stop Date
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2006 05:27 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone remind me when the final date is to send Kodachrome 40 for pre-paid processing in the yellow mailer? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 03, 2006 06:22 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The latest final date given is September 25th.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2006 01:55 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Swiss or the US lab???

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2006 05:16 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Swiss or the US lab???
That's quite simple to answer since there is no "US lab": The only lab in this universe that is certified to do Super8-Kodachrome is Kodak's Swiss lab.

Dwayne's (in the US) can process Super8-Kodachrome, too, but it's neither certified by Kodak (for Super8) nor honours Kodak's prepaid-processing.
At least Dwane will be able to process all Kodachromes (incl. Super8) unless Kodak provides the chemicals. (= at least for the next two-three years, since the 35mm-kodachrome-slides are still in production).

Here's the link to Kodak's press-release:
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/about/news/kprocessing.jhtml?id=0.1.4.7&lc=en

...and here's a German translation:
http://schmalfilm.schiele-schoen.de/home/zeitschrift_detail.asp?id=2460

Jörg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC