8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » BFCC Video! Download it today! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: BFCC Video! Download it today!
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted November 03, 2006 04:36 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas Meltzer has sent in the following video of the 52nd BFCC. This is a larg version (32MB) and is in Quicktime format. Hopefully by tomorrow a smaller version will be available for members on dialup.

Click here to download

EDIT here is the medium version.

[ November 03, 2006, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 03, 2006 05:20 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent!

Will it be coming out on Super-8 any time soon?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 03, 2006 05:36 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Doug, what a treat! [Smile]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 04, 2006 02:21 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug, it feels like being there.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2006 01:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff Doug.What more can i say.I wish i was there.Excellent.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2006 12:07 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, great stuff. I'm very glad you managed to edit the scene with me in it down to just a couple of seconds... [Wink]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2006 09:29 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Doug. It was great to see some old and new faces.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2006 10:40 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug - That was great! The next best next thing to being there!

Bruce Rawlings
Junior

- posted December 27, 2006 06:17 AM      Profile for Bruce Rawlings   Email Bruce Rawlings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for making the video. Excellent a nice treat for Christmas.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2007 03:09 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for a fascinating insight into the film scene in the UK!Nice to see/hear you again Mike [Smile] Also nice to be able to put "a face" to Gary! I'd imagine there was more super 8mm film at the convention than there is in the whole of New Zealand! Even in our local film buff association,the supply of bootlace prints seems to have dried up [Frown] Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 15, 2007 11:56 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was great! Just like I remembered it. Thanks Doug! [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 16, 2007 12:16 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, everyone.

There's more to that Phil Sheard interview that would be of interest to collectors, so there's a chance of another short video posting. I believe the next issue of "The Reel Image" will have my article about this particular BFCC.

A huge thank you to Brad for putting it up on the Forum. Did anyone have any difficulty in viewing the file?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2007 11:52 AM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not been able to watch the reportage of the BFCC. Can
someone give me a hand. Thanks and regards.

--------------------
António C. Mota

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 21, 2007 10:02 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio,

Do you have Quicktime installed on your computer? If not, Apple offers a free download for either PC or Mac here.

Doug

--------------------

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2007 08:59 AM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug
Many thanks. I have now succeded to view the BFCC reportage.
It is great. Bye.

--------------------
António C. Mota

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2007 03:16 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

You are a real pro. Yes put me down for a s8 print

--------------------
Tony

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 26, 2007 09:56 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice comments from a couple of Tonys!

Doug

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2007 04:49 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to finally see a little of what I've read about for years! The deep irony is the utter lack of anything like this here in the heart of Hollywoodland.

How 'bout a little video of the Super 8 'scope show next time? :-)

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 18, 2007 10:25 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bill. Keith Wilton included the video in his latest "The Men Behind the Movies". He added a music track which moves it along nicely.

Doug

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 01, 2007 09:51 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug,

You also managed to capture a fleeting glimpse of me on that.

Nice video.

-Mike.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2009 06:38 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking to go, before or later. Every year I say I WILL. And I finally never do it [Frown] . Think it would be really great. A lot of friends from UK always try to convince me. Well, I will, a day!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2009 03:25 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, be quick Gian as after the March event next year the Ealing Town Hall is priced out of the market. Keith will be making an announcement at the 17th October convention so we'll see where we go from there. I hope a scaled down version will survive at the very least but I suspect twice a year is finished. We'll see, no one knows at the moment.

There, that should start the rumour mongers off. Please bear in mind I've told you everything I know and nothing is set in stone. But we've been intonating that this day was coming to try to get collectors to come along before they miss out completely.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2009 04:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannot promise anything, but I really would like to be there!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2010 12:27 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see,and many names i know,maby in future i'll be there! [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 09, 2012 07:33 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are BFCC still doing this? That clip was so nice, I want to go to conventions like these. They had reels for GBP 5, I'd be excited to be there. Lots of nice titles too

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC