8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Speed Adjustment on Chinon??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Speed Adjustment on Chinon??
Adam Schultzman
Junior

- posted November 10, 2006 01:44 PM      Profile for Adam Schultzman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey all...
i just received a chinon 6100 sound projector from a friend (for free!) but have quickly found out that the speed seems to be a bit slow...I can tell becuase my short film of the beatles doing hey jude sounds off/a bit slow. has anyone ever adjusted the speed on a chinon projector? i read an article on the metadirectory about adjusting the speed on a elmo 1200 projector but when i look on the circuit board of my chinon, all i can see is one thing that might be a petentiometer (not two like the article states). granted it was a quick glance, so i could have missed something. anyways, any help would be very much appriciated! id rather not just give up on it and buy a better projector if i could possibly repair it. thanks in advance!

~adam

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2006 05:18 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adam, and welcome to the Forum. I have a Chinon 7500 which has a little speed adjustment (+/-) control knob on the front panel. If your model doesn't have this, you'll probably be shopping for a better model/make. If your model is like the 7500, everything is driven by one belt, which I don't think would cause the speed problem, so the motor might be going.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2006 05:44 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adam,

Check the voltage selection and make sure its set on the right voltage. I had a used Chinon years ago, and it ran slow, and that was the problem.

Nick.

Adam Schultzman
Junior

- posted November 12, 2006 10:24 AM      Profile for Adam Schultzman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello...
thanks for the responses...when you say check the voltage selection, what do you mean? see if the power cord is the right voltage for the projector? the cord does actually say 125V while the projector says 120V. would this make a difference? anyways, let me know...thanks!
~adam

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2006 12:58 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adam,

IMHO +/- 5 volts will not make any differen. Try to find speed adjustment on the board/pcb.

Otherwise there should be a probelm with the belt.

Thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2006 06:55 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, its been a good number of years, but I just remember that the projector was running very slow at first. There was a choice of several voltage settings, and the man at the market looked at it and stated that it was set at the wrong voltage. He pulled a wire or something from one voltage and placed it on another, and it ran fine. There was no cutting or taping, so it seemed to be very easy. I don't remember the model number of the projector though.

Nick.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC