8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How To Sync An Elmo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How To Sync An Elmo
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 28, 2006 12:05 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Sorry chaps couldn't resist this clever add taken from the american mag Super8 Filmaker Oct75
Here is another one
 -
And lastly one for Bolex from Film Making
 -
Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 28, 2006 02:12 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen the bottom picture before. It is used as a title card in the film "Cinema in Miniature" which Derann still sells on Region 2 DVD, but I have as a Super-8 print.

The Bolex shown is an SP-80 Special, which was the first sound machine I ever owned and still is an active member of my small fleet.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David Storm
Junior

- posted November 28, 2006 03:13 PM      Profile for David Storm   Email David Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must get one of those Bolex projectors so I can watch my films just by putting the reel on the front arm. No need to run the film through the film path. Excellent image quality, even when someone is standing in front of the lens! [Smile]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2006 04:12 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

These are great ads, keep 'em coming! [Big Grin]

I've got a couple more for you;

-

This guy seems to be getting plenty of fun regardless!

-

The Elmo 110R my favourite camera

-

And the ST 1200 with its lesser known cousin...

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 28, 2006 06:27 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haaa... The SC8T, I haven't had the time to see what's wrong with the one I have but it's probably a loose belt.

Thanks for the adds (the Kitchen sync is a good one too)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2006 07:17 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I love that bolex advert. I'd love to have a big blowup of it and frame it on my wall. It is so nolstagic of the perfect family setting watching home movies.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 29, 2006 02:22 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say the Minolta ad. gives me nostalgia, because I have two of 'em and use them all the time! One of them has been my travel camera for years and has been with me all the way from the Russian Far East, through Europe, at home and all the way over to San Francisco.

Not bad for something I snagged off E-bay for 10 bucks!

Enjoyed the ad.! Thanks, Mike!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC