8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ektachrome 64T processing (E6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ektachrome 64T processing (E6)
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2007 11:45 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me the best place to get the new Kodak Ektachrome 64T Super 8 film processed plus 35mm slide film in the UK or europe. I know developing cost per roll around about £5 to 6 pounds.

I am also investing in a 35mm slide projector. Whats the best one to get???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

|  IP: Logged

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2007 04:47 AM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Andec can process E6 film, here's the link, http://www.andecfilm.de/en/e_start.htm or Dwayne's in the US. I have used both with excellent results.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2007 03:00 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert,

I have been a "slide" man all my life, using primarily Agfachrome and Fujuchrome 35mm slide film - also 35mm Agfa Scala B&W slide film - which has now unfortunately been discontinued due to the closure of Agfafilm. The couple of rolls of Scala I have left will now have to go to France for processing.

However, the Agfachrome processing laboratory is still running, as is the Fujichrome lab. Here are the addresses:

Agfachrome Laboratory
P.O. Box 2969
Coventry
CV5 8WA

Fujifilm Processing Laboratory
P.O. Box 3278
Warwick
CV34 6YJ

You can go to both of their websites and download and print off order forms with full details and prices, including prints from slides if you wish.

If you are not fussed about the type of mounts or projector system, you could use Primary Colour of London. Here is their address and website:

Primary Colour
80 Kingsland Road
London
E2 8DP

www.primary-colour.com

Whatever you do, try to avoid The Widescreen Centre in London - very expensive!!

With regard to a slide projector, I use the Agfa Reflecta Diamator with CS mounts and CS magazines. These projectors are usually quite plentiful on eBay, as are the magazines. Both Agfa and Fuji can mount your slides on CS mounts if you wish.

I chose the Agfa CS system because the mounts are very thin and you get a lot per magazine. The magazines come in different sizes too. Some people like the Kodak carousel system, but I have heard of problems with these - for what it's worth.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Best regards,

[ January 14, 2007, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: David Pannell ]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 14, 2007 09:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only found out about Scala about a year ago and managed to shoot 3 rolls of 36 before they discontinued it. I found the results are beautiful, but I'll need to shoot a couple of rolls of color slides to provide a counterpoint when shown together.

I've decided to develop a couple of carousels of really nice slides as filler material when I do a movie show. (My goodness: how many projectors can the dining room table hold at the same time??) The only caution is since I intend to project them on a 16:9 screen I have to keep the camera horizontal!

Scala was billed as the only B&W reversal in the world, but we Super-8 folks know better!

I use a Kodak Carousel and have no complaints: if nothing else they are extremely common and therefore extremely replaceable in case of trouble.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC