8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Tadley Film Collectors Convention? Full Address Needed...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tadley Film Collectors Convention? Full Address Needed...
Ian John
Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2007 02:05 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Foster gives the address on his web-site as: "The William Penny Theatre, Awe, Tadley, Hants, but I'm looking for the post code to that address, so I can enter it into my SatNav to help me find the venue.

I have tried a Google search under the theatres name, but drew a blank.

Does anyone know, or can give me the post-code to this venue please? Many thanks for any pointers.

Ian. UK

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 11:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Ian.
The first time we went to Tadley from the North it took us nearly 90 minutes to find the venue. All we had to go on was AWE. Basically it’s staged at part of the Atomic Weapons Establishment base and you can spot it by the resident protesters outside the gates. Large car park so parking is no problem. AWE do like to be discreet so this is why you will find little in the way of an actual address.

Just follow the signs for AWE and it will turn up sure enough. Here are all the published details I have to hand.

The William Penney Theatre
AWE (Atomic Weapons Establishment) Tadley, Hants.
10am till 5pm. It also has a bar but the beer is a bit rough and it is a very small event, just in case you are travelling a long way as we did. Near 500 mile round trip for us when we went and for a handful of tables.

Happy film collecting.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 08:37 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody going to Tadley?

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 10:03 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Guys,
Let me introduce myself as this is my first posting on this forum.
I have just started collecting Super8 again after many,many years of using DVD,Laserdisc etc.
Let me tell you It was great to crank up the old Eumig projector again!
I look forward to visiting Tadley tomorrow afternoon and meeting both old and new friends alike.
Regards Mark W

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 11:59 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark

Welcome to the forum, I think that makes three of us from West Sussex, we're taking over! [Smile]

Mike

ps. I'm in (sunny) Worthing [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 01:59 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, from another West Sussex member. Welcome indeed! Actually, I think you make number 4 in our neck of the woods: There's Mike, of course; Thomas, from Clapham village - that's on the A280, in case you didn't know; me, and now your goodself. Excellent!

Best regards,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 03:03 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Guys,
Many thanx for your warm welcome!!
I,m glad to hear there are so many collectors here in West Sussex.
I actually live in Bognor Regis which is just down the road from Mike,so we will have to meet up sometime.
I hope to see a few of you at Tadley tomorrow.
Cheers Mark W

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 04:31 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark

Might be at Tadley, I'll know for sure in the morning. If you see a guy with no hair and a goatee, it might be me!

Mike [Smile]

--------------------

Ian John
Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 07:10 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the directions boys. If I decide to go later today I will allow extra time to find the right gate.

Ian.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2007 01:04 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought we were a bit heavier than 4 members from Sussex, and, what do you know, I was right - I forgot our friend Rob Koeling from Brighton.

It's gratifying to know that although I made a mistake in thinking that our newcomer, Mark, was number 4, when in fact he brings the number up to 5, Mike made an even bigger one by thinking he was number 3. Whom are you trying to ignore, Mike? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Please accept our sincere apologies, Rob. [Eek!] [Eek!]

Kindest regards,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2007 01:52 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David

I hadn't forgotten Rob, but he lives in East Sussex [Big Grin] , never-the-less, you're right - that's five of us from Sussex. [Smile]

So who was at Tadley? I made the trip up there and it really was worth while, it was my first visit but I shall be going again. It was good to meet up with Adrian Winchester, also Keith Mockett from Rake - always good to put faces to names.

Came away with two bags full of bargains, I'm not sure if it was a good thing or not that Phil Sheard was all set up to take card payments because I made a rule with myself to limit my spending to the extent of the cash in my pocket, but when that ran out...

Didn't get to see any of the shows because I had to be back in Worthing for the afternoon, but even so I enjoyed the event and shall be going to the next one.

Mike [Smile]

--------------------

Ian John
Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2007 07:53 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, I did'nt make Tadley after, somthing cropped up. Did many turn up, and how many dealer tables were there? Did you or anyone manage to get any photo's, I'd love to see a couple, just to see what it all looked like up there. If another one is arranged this year I'll try and get to it, if not, I'll make a point of keeping the date in the diary for next year. It's a long way to travel up from Wales if there is only a couple of dealer tables.

Ian.J

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2007 05:03 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to Geoff Wheeler,Dave Locke,Barry Littlechild & co for a great day out!!
Sorry I could only stay for a few hours due to other commitments but really enjoyed seeing a lot of old friends again and lots of stalls selling 8mm/16mm movies,picked up a few bargains inc the full length 8mm IVER print of CARQUAKE aka CANNONBALL starring David Carradine & Sly Stallone,now thats a grindhouse/drive in classic if ever there was one! and 400ft digests of COMA & COFFY starring the incredibly foxy Pam Grier,it was actually the Ken US print too,which was far better than the dupey/grainy Mountain UK prints.

Looking forward to the next fair on 6th October!
Regards Mark W

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 15, 2007 09:50 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say there was 9-10 dealers plus the Bring and Buy. Dealers included Classic, Buckingham, Rake, Tony Hutchinson and - amazingly Wally Smith of Pinedene, although of course had had only brought about 0.01% of his stock!

It was good to meet Mike for the first time plus a lot of familiar faces.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2007 10:36 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike
Sorry I missed you yesterday as I made a flying visit direct from the Camden Town Film fair for a few hours yesterday afternoon.
I was very impressed with the 8MM/DVD shows.
I can't believe how many 8mm dealers/collectors are still going strong!
I of course spent all my spare cash on 8mm movies and rather sensibly ( very unusual for me!!)left my credit card in my pocket,not like the old days when I spent my cash then when onto using my credit card to the limit!!
Now looking forward to the BFCC in May!!

Cheers Mark W

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2007 03:03 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was there for the day and thought that the program was excellant. Managed to pick up a few films on the bring and buy stall. Unfortunatly I dont know who some of the forum members by sight and did not manage to meet anyone from here. Did speak to Barry Littlechild who I Bought a Elmo back in the early eighties from and when he used to pop in the the Portland fils shop in Shaftesbury avenue, and have to report the Elmo's still running. Or well he's to Ealing and hope forum members will gather to speak.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC