8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » where to find new belts?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: where to find new belts?!
Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2008 07:23 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was given this projector recently, the model and brand of which i had never heard before(Tawk, made in Japan)! It didn't take much to realise it was too slow and that the inside belts, presumably installed by previous owner, had the wrong size-shape. Do you know where i could find new belts? By the way, do you know anything about this particular pojector? I don't believe there are many more compact than this!
 -

|  IP: Logged

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2008 09:47 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It appears to be a belt very similar to the ones CHINONs use (sort of a springy - aluminum material). There's a seller on EBAY that sells belts. I think is UserName is actually WESELLPROJECTORBELTS. If you do a search by seller and type in "Projector Belts" I'm sure his name will come up. I don't know how reputable he is, but if it's only a few dollars, it may be worth a shot. Also, try Larry Urbanski or Phil Johnson. They both have web sites and they're both very credible amongst us cinemaphiles and very nice gentlemen. If they don't have them - they'll tell you who they they think may be able to assist you.

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2008 03:52 AM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad you've been very helpful, thank you!

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2008 07:38 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
here's a seller on EBAY that sells belts. I think is UserName is actually WESELLPROJECTORBELTS.
Careful, though. I am not doubting his reputability, (I have never bought from him), but he does not know the difference between diameter and circumference. I base this opinion on a question I asked about one of his auctions.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2008 08:31 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISELLPROJECTORBELTS is Mark McWilliams, and he sells quality belts and is reliable. I've bought a few sets of belts from him the last couple of years. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC