8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Look At Life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Look At Life
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 14, 2008 02:19 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately I was waching a Look at Life and realized I new very little about the people that made them or the time period that they were produced etc has anyone got any information on them?

also can anyone tell me what year L/L Holiday Camp was made?

Thanks Graham.

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2008 03:27 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,
Don't know which year Holiday Camp was released but the series ran from 1959 to1969
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 14, 2008 05:43 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one super 8 Look at Life from Derann ,called 'City of Sailors'. All about Portsmouth and the print quality is superb, like looking at 35mm.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 14, 2008 06:21 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

"Holiday Camps" was made in 1963. It was series 19, number 245.

Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 14, 2008 11:05 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mal and Maurice
Thanks for your help I have been collecting them for a few years and usually include one in a film show straight after the first cartoon. "Holiday Camp" is one that has been shown a lot over the years mainly when we put on a film show where we have a visit from a retirement home as many of the residents came out from England and that particular film seems to be of real interest.

Its only now that I am trying to find out a bit more about "Look at Life" films, even though they are almost 40 years old they are still of interest.

One of the first I bought new was "Village Of Violins" others are The Spirit Of Brooklands
The Last Battleship
Controlled Landing
On Top Of The World
Shopping For A Queen
The Eagles Nest

Some of those titles are still available new from Derann and I noticed in there latest used list just after I had posted on the forum a copy of "Holiday Camp" its very good so if interested snap it up.

If anyone has further information on L/L it would be appreciated

Graham.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 15, 2008 03:19 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Here's the info you asked for.

Village Of Violins. 1959. Series 2. Number 26.
The Spirit Of Brooklands. 1965. Series 24. Number 310.
The Last Battleship. 1962. Series 13. Number 166.
Controlled Landing. 1961. Series 10. Number 127.
On Top Of The World. 1966. Series 29. Number 373.
Shopping For A Queen. 1959. Series 3. Number 31.
The Eagles Nest. 1962. Series 12. Number 148.

The first LOOK AT LIFE went out to Odeon cinemas in May 1959. The series finished with issue no.507 in May 1969.

Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 15, 2008 04:16 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice
I will record those details onto each film box.

Graham.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC