8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help needed with Dad's birthday present!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help needed with Dad's birthday present!
Jason Redmond
Junior

- posted March 25, 2008 12:52 PM      Profile for Jason Redmond   Email Jason Redmond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone. I was wondering if there is anyone near me in Manchester, or close-ish, who might be able to help me. My dad is 65 next week, and I had planned to convert his old cine films to DVD for him, so he can watch them for the first time in years. The only problem is, having sorted out the kit, some reels are Standard 8mm, and I only have Super 8mm projectors. Would anyone be willing to lend me a variable speed Standard 8 projector for a week or so, to enable me to finish off my dad's present. I'd happily leave a deposit as good faith - I just want to get these films sorted!!

|  IP: Logged

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2008 06:38 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not buy him a nice standard 8mm projector and let him enjoy the films the way they were made to be seen?

Jason Redmond
Junior

- posted March 26, 2008 10:14 AM      Profile for Jason Redmond   Email Jason Redmond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be lovely, but his fingers (and hands, for that matter) wouldn't be able to manage the threading. Hence the need to transfer them to something easier to handle. I know the quality won't be there, but it is the best I can do.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC