8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » May BFCC (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: May BFCC
Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2008 07:24 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok John, I'll do my very best to get there for 8. As an aside, being a keen stereoscopic videographer(!), I recently acquired a new, lightweight 3d camera rig and tested it out the last time I was in Holland. Result here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM-myb2Cteo Do you think it would be possible to take a few shots of the preparations? I'm sure it would be an impressive sight, dimensionally speaking...

Best wishes,

Tiv

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2008 07:59 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is very, very effective Paul. I'll be interested to see the attachment so by all means bring it along and have a go. You may get some interesting 3D shots with that enormous screen frame going up.

By the way chaps (and chapettes) I've just put the programme up on the bfcc site. There may be some changes to it yet but as it currently stands that programme is what is planned. Another busy day!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 19, 2008 09:24 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

That clip is terrific! There are many 3-D fans on the Forum, so would you mind (in the General Yak section) posting more about the camera setup that you're using? Thanks!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 21, 2008 12:58 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope to see you all at Ealing on Saturday.
I'm not certain if I will still be there at lunchtime, but, maybe I'll meet up with some of you before then.

-Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 22, 2008 11:18 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, Are you going by car or train?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2008 02:24 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we're just about to set off so we're in the vicinity of the capital in plenty of time for tomorrow. See each and everyone of you on this forum tomorrow then!!!

Paul, Mark and Robert, see you around 8am all being well for all our journeys in from the four corners of the nation. And the rest of you, projection area meet for cider and natter around 1pm. Wilts and I will have to set up the video projection equipment but hopefully we'll get sorted in good time.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 23, 2008 03:29 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going by car, Kevin. Have to take a detour to East Acton to the mother -in - laws on the way.
Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 23, 2008 05:07 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I shall be going by train unless the weather is good then I'm going on the Kwaka.

Just thought that if you were going by train we could meet up and talk shop on the way [Eek!]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 06:35 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul- wonderful clip!

How did you shoot the point-of-view bike ride in the first part of the film? I have tried this. And the results have been pretty bad.

James.

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 07:56 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James,

Thanks for your kind words. Please see the thread 'My 3D Video Camera' in the General Yak section.

Best wishes,

Tiv

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 02:03 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi chaps,

Has anyone produced a report on the May BFCC yet?

I thought there might be something towards the end of this thread, but I haven't found anything.

Perhaps it's under some other obscure heading, but I can't see it.

Anyway, I hope and trust that an excellent time was had by all, and once again, I tender my apologies for absence on this auspicious (or suspicious!) occasion.

Best to all, as always,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 05:05 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,
There are two threads with the BFFC as a topic.
Scroll down a little way in the 8mm forum and you will find
BFCC report.
regards,
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 05:19 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers, Mal.

Must be going blind in my old age!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Perhaps I need to upgrade my projector lamps to 2,000 watts!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC