8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dream Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream Projector
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 01:15 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Eumig 800 series holds a special affection for me. I greatly admire the look of these machines, their compact and very rugged design and construction, and their trouble free excellent performance. The next series that came along was of course the 900's, and with it came the superb 926/938/940 stereo series with that great outboard recording/mixing console. Seeing these two designs leads you to wonder why Eumig could not have retained the superb 800 series mechanics and still given us a wonderful stereo projector like this:

-

What I would'nt give for one of those! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Mike Tynus
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2008 01:22 PM      Profile for Mike Tynus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Love it!
Does it power a 150 watt bulb? [Big Grin]
That is as cool as your Elmig!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 03:02 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Mike, it has an extra internal blower, just like the 938, so it can handle the 150 watt bulb. In addition to the magnetic stereo, it also has the optical track reader of the Eumig 800 M0. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2008 06:02 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely some talented person on this board will be in the process of building just this - must be possible.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 06:37 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be relatively easy to put this together, because the sound electronics are totally seperated onto the big PC board in the lower deck. It would just be a matter of getting power over to the electronics board and connecting up the leads to the recording/playback head. The existing board inside the 800 would not be used at all and could be removed. The more I think about this, the more puzzled I am that Eumig did not go down this road. Sounds like a project for David Pannell. How about it David? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 02:39 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds interesting, Paul.

I'll give it some thought in the fullness of time, however, your confidence in my abilities is somewhat embarrassing, but thanks for the vote of confidence anyway.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 03:22 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice dream projector Paul.

I like both the 800 and 900 series (hope to get a 940 one day). By the time the 900 series was released Eumig were in all sorts of financial trouble and the company and their range of products had been weakened by the parents problems.

It is such a shame as I am sure their range would have developed further in the early 1980's given their strong market presence world-wide.

David

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC