8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Best Looking Projector (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Best Looking Projector
John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2009 02:16 AM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me,most any pre 1960 projector is great looking. And the oil smells from the machines. I love running the ones I have from the 30s. Another cool machine.The Keystone R-8

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2009 03:30 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey frank, I wanted a nice picture of an ST1200 and remembered where I saw one recently because of your recent posts. My own ST1200 isnt cosmetically as good as the one here, so I copied the pic, nice presentation. Put the ST1200 on a stand with a film threaded and they look a beauty.

Graham S

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 31, 2009 04:57 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank
those are excellent pictures the projectors look great.

For Super8 my pick is... [Roll Eyes]
 -
Bolex SM8 a sleek quiet running machine
 -
with its excellent gate design... better than the Elmo GS1200

Graham.

[ August 30, 2009, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2009 06:00 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our beloved... Finally, we all (I suppose... Should I say 'quite all'?) love IT!

-

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 31, 2009 07:21 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first projector that caused me to die when I saw it was the Eumig S926.
I loved the look of the mixing console:

-

That projector seemed light year away from the horrible Chinon I was using.
Then I saw this projector in the Lenny Lipton Super 8 Book and fell in love again:
 -
But then I went to Leo's Camera in Berkeley California and then saw this next to it!
 -

And the love affair had begun!
But this one is a beauty too. Maybe for just looks alone I would say this one for me:

-

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2009 07:40 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a romantic story... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2009 09:36 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, with all the talk about the Bolex M8, we just have to have a pic (even if I have posted it before [Big Grin] )
Here's mine doing long-play duty:

-

It is a beauty; it almost makes you forget the noise and and the heat from the lamp. But hey.... [Wink]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 08:51 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Forum members,
If you though the Ampro looked heavy, then don't drop this Pathe H 9.5mm on your toe. It is sooooooo heavy that I can hardly take it out of its tub. Solid cast iron base. What do you all think? hehehe
 -
dogtor puffferfish

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 09:14 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who have forgotten my much earlier thread entitled "My Projectors", here is the favourite: the AMPRO STYLIST MAJOR Mk 2

Now - tell me that doesn't turn you on!

What a machine! Real precision engineering at its best. This projector runs like it was brand new. Can't praise it enough! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 09:19 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAh, the beautiful EUMIG 926 Stereo. Now she's a little tease, (and she knows it!).

I have, as of late, had a problem cleaning the balance stripe portion of the mag head. Any advice folks?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 09:32 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have to admit that David's 16mm Stylist is a real stunner. Makes me want to get into 16mm!
Osi is right about the Eumig 926 Stereo- what a great looking machine with that 'two-tone' finish, even better looking than the momochromatic looking 938 Stereo, but the 938 is the better performer.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 11:38 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree the Eumig 926 looks nice and still looks modern even today but dosent perform as well as it looks.

Graham S

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 12:32 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree that for Standard 8 that the Bell & Howells win out. I have a Filmo 8 that looks stunning - and has that wonderful oil smell when running!

Switching the topic around - did Kodak ever produce a decent looking machine? I've got a Kodak Standard 8 machine (can't recall the model number - Mark 8?) of the same vintage as the Filmo 8 and even a mother would have to admit it was ugly.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 01:16 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ampro looks fantastic Dave.

Every time one of these comes up on Ebay I toy with the idea of purchasing it.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 03:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stewart,

Though they weren't necessarily kind to film, and only were capable of holding a 400ft reel, I was always fond of those "Kodak Ektasound" projectors that sat flat, instead of upright, like your standard 35MM slide projectors. I always thought it was a novel and neat look. I think Kodak was the only company to do that. Those Ektasound decks still get a decent, (though not too high) price. I think its mostly due to thier somewhat unique look.

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 03:45 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have a pix, but the Eumig 807D is a fine model of a machine; both dependable and sturdy

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 04:15 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice pics everyone! Very impressive machines! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 08:06 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey joe my emails keep getting bounced back from you email me i have a film you want.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 08:28 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul. I agree entirely about the 200B, but is it true it only has a 2 blade shutter? MIKE

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 06, 2009 09:31 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jim, emailed you

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 11:50 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
got it thanks i was using and older email

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 09:47 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best looking New Zealand made projector is the 16mm sound Kelvin Challenger.  -

-

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 06, 2009 10:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sharp angles to that 16MM projector, Patrick!

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 10:43 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi, very basic projectors they are!
I dont know the full history off them but they are a hybrid rip-off of the RCA 400 projectors from the US, very heavy but they run very well.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Alexander Lechner
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2009 09:51 AM      Profile for Alexander Lechner   Email Alexander Lechner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe (C.)!
Here is a picture of my Eumig 807D for you.
 -
I find the looks of this projector very straight, not really my favourite; but you are right - it works great.
I personally like the Bolex SM8 shown above and the 18-5s best.

--------------------
Alex

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC