8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Looking for Marty Pinkerman (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Looking for Marty Pinkerman
Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2009 02:30 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone help me with contacting Marty Pinkerman?
I bought his film lot a while ago, but haven't heard from him since June 2th.
He doesn't reply my mails and he hasn't been on the forum ever since.
I would appreciate to get some help.
Perhaps there are forum members who live in Indiana too, just like Marty.

|  IP: Logged

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 03:58 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I'm a bit sarcastic when I say thank you all for your sympathy and your help on this matter.
I've been ripped of by a fellow forum member for $ 500.- and there has been no response to my cry for help.

I thought it was save to buy from forum members, but unlike eBay I have nowhere to go.

Brad, Kevin or Doug do you have more information about Marty?
Did he leave an adress and phone no. when he subscribed to the forum?

What about this:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=&q7=&q6=marty%20pinkerman&searchtype=0
Is this the same Marty?

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 04:23 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans,
I do not like rip-off merchants either... and I agree that it looks as if you have been a victim having read the "purchasing saga" thread. I further agree that if the Forum owner and/or moderators have ANY contact information they should now make it clear that they will reveal it to the authorities if it is requested as part of of an investigation.

It is interesting that a large "sale" of titles came up from him after only being Registered since March 2009; a lesson to be learned?

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Colin Edwards
Junior

- posted July 09, 2009 04:47 AM      Profile for Colin Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Hans
This is a terrible story, and you are right at least with
paypal you have someone you can go too when you have a problem,
all thought I don`t contribute very much, I do read this forum everyday, and I know that most members are honest and passionate about film and film collecting, and if they can help you, then they will do.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 04:49 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans,
unfortunately I never had a private mail from him. He only replied a couple of messages here on the Forum. I don't know if it helps, but did you try to contact him using his Pay Pal account? Let me know. I'm so sorry for you.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 04:50 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very expensive lesson.
How can I ever make up for this loss of money?

Still I'm convinced Marty did have those films.
If you read his discriptions and look at the photo's, he must have had these films and he does have some knowledge of film.
I guess he sold it twice, once to me and once to probably someone in the US.
If this is the case, does anyone know about this film lot being sold to anybody else?
Since I'm in the Netherlands (Europe), how can I report him to the police?

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 12:01 PM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried raising a PayPal dispute?

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 04:26 PM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I tried to raise a PayPal dispute, but there is a 45 day limit.
I never knew there was a possibility for getting your money back until today, so I also didn't know about the 45 day limit.
I called PayPal today and it's about 50 days ago I paid Marty, so it's bad luck... my money's gone.

Now it's too late, but it would have been nice if more experienced (PayPal) buyers told me about this option before.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 09, 2009 04:45 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans try your CC company (VIsa or Master) if you pay that through CC and there is a possibility you will get refund from them.

It is usually written in a very fine print agreement about this matter. Please look for that.

--------------------
Winbert

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 05:14 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definitely try the CC company. Most banks give you a limit of 60 days to report fraud.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 09, 2009 06:07 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans a PM was sent to your email hans (at) chaosfilm (dot) nl

good luck,

winbert

--------------------
Winbert

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 06:18 PM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I haven't received your mail yet.
I will check again tommorrow morning.
Thanks.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 07:42 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans, keep me informed too, please. I hope we will find a solution.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 09, 2009 08:04 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans,
I'm sorry, but we have no more information on Marty than what you would see if you clicked on his profile link. Street addresses and phone numbers are not required during registration.

You should get some satisfaction from your credit card company. It's worked every time for me (even after two months).

Winbert,
I have not removed any posts.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 09, 2009 10:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans ...

I'm very sorry to hear about this as well. The name Marty didn't ring a bell until I read about the 500.00 dollars paid and then I remembered about that large lot he was selling. I was only interested in "It's A Wonderful Life"

I know this much. If I were you, I would also watch the american version of ebay and see if any of these titles, (I will be watching for "It's a Wonderful Life" shows up on ebay AND if the person just happens to live in Indiana, which can be easily verified by looking at the ebay sellers profile. I wouldn't be surprised if he or his wife talked him into keeping the lot to sell on ebay.

I agree with Doug, see if your paypal/credit card company has some kind of fraud protection. I know that paypal does.

For that matter, does anybody know what his ebay monocle happens to be.

Once again, my condolences. I have kept a tally of 689.00 dollars that I have lost, and all from overseas ebayers, (one in the UK, the other in Australia) and that was back when I only had 6,000.00 to my name. That 689.00 dollars was all lost within a month and almost talked me out of getting back into super 8 ...

... and, if I had said no to Super 8, I wouldn't have met all of you fine lads and lassies!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 11:12 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Hans...

I work for a bank in the US, and while our policy is you have to report fraud within 60 days of the transaction, it doesn't mean that other banks don't have longer reporting times. Please go ahead and make a report of what happened, they should give you provisional credit pending invesigation. Be sure to ask them how long the investigation will take, and when you will hear from them regarding the final outcome. Hopefully you will get your money back. Best of luck.

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 09:08 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans according to a post by Ken Layton over at the 16mmfilmtalk site here is Pinkerman's last known email address about a week ago. ac fleet 3074@yahoo.com. Phone(812)393-0901.Ken says he built an amplfier for him and it cost him $400.00 now he is out $400.00.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 10, 2009 09:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans, I highly suggest that you take Greg Marshall's advice!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 10, 2009 09:37 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pinkerman's last known email address about a week ago. ac fleet 3074@yahoo.com. Phone(812)393-0901
I think that phone numbers is legitimate.

If you follow that he once posted in this forum about his machine:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004433

And a snap shot on that film shows a billborad with a prefix (812)... which is the same with that phone number. See photo below:

-

So Hans... either you can try the numbers provided by Greg or have a try to the above numbers.

From his 22 posts in this forum he does seem to understand films.

These are all his posts:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00001523

So he might be getting trouble which does not relate to films

BTW, the same film is also in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76aKlYHTgqY

And with his ID 48787587498234923487 he says:

quote:
I got tired of changing reels. So I made this film transport. It works for 16mm & Super 8mm.
Can also be adapted to run 35mm Film. Cool huh? Hope you like it.

His last post in youtube was 6 or 7 days ago at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjsiGLxT9mg

He reviews a film in bible context

So if he is Marty Pinkerman he is still around. If you do contact with that ID and it is not Marty .... then you loose your money already.

Good luck buddy,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 10, 2009 09:39 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

You are quite the gumshoe!

I only hope this is all a misunderstanding and that Hans' film has ben delayed for legitimate reasons.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 04:28 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey
If you want the boys from the UK to go and sort him out just say the word..... [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 05:51 PM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, you won't believe it.
I couple of hours ago I tried to phone Marty (thanks Bob for the phone no.) and got an answering machine.
I left a message for Marty if he could contact me about the film lot by mail.
Yesterday I also left a message on you-tube (thanks Winbert!).
And finally I send him a mail using another email account.

And gues what....
About an hour ago I got a mail from Marty saying he just came back from the post office where he brought the packages with my films.

I send him a reply in which I explained how worried I was and why he never answered my mails?
I also asked him to visit the forum and give you guys some explanation, so he can clear his name.

Although I'm very happy at the moment, I first want to receive the films to believe it's true.

I can only say thanks to all of you who helped me out.
Without your help I would never come this far.
And I want to thank Winbert especially for his great detective work!

To be continued....

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 06:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Good job Hans. Good job guys! A stupid question: did he tell you the reason why he waited so long tho ship your movies and never replied your mails? It's not my business at all, but it is just to understand such a weird attitude.

I'm happy for you, Hans. A little for me too ( [Razz] ).

--------------------

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 06:43 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans,

I still would file with the credit card company to protect any time frame limit the credit card may have.

You can always retract your complaint once you have received your films AND they are exactly what you bought.

I hope he is reading this thread and post some sort of answer.

Good luck,

Jon

Marty Pinkerman
Junior

- posted July 10, 2009 08:28 PM      Profile for Marty Pinkerman   Email Marty Pinkerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Hans. & Forum Members.

My apologies. Your package was just sent out 1 hour ago.
7 days is the travel time on your films, this is what they told me at the post office.

The Customs Form # is: CP116514845US
I am very sorry for taking so long, one thing after another going on here.

I have thrown in 2 regular 8mm features to soften the edge I have made with you. The 4 empty Blackhawk boxes? Those features are mounted on the
1200' & 2000' reels, those are coming in the other package. 2 packages
total.

Best Regards & LARGE APOLOGIES TO ALL.
Marty

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC