8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Perry's Movies release question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perry's Movies release question
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 12:56 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking through some old Home Movies issues that I recently acquired and was curious if anyone knew how many copies of their releases did Perry's usually print up back in the 1970's? Some of the releases listed in the mags look great but I have never seen them around and I am curious what my odds are of finding them....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 17, 2009 08:29 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you Dino,

Perry's reprinted the three Popeye Specials on great low fade film stock, but beyond that, I have no idea what other releases they even had.

Does anybody (hint hint, Doug?) have a complete list of what Perry's released and for how long they released?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 17, 2009 08:55 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you guys find the number of releases on 200' Edgar Kennedy shorts released from Mountain please?

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2009 11:40 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, I can sympathize with you as I would like to get the Warbirds 3x200 series Perry's produced and was a big seller (according to FFTC interviews articule). But I have never ever seen any copies for sale on any lists or at conventions. [Frown]

Graham S

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2012 02:54 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would like to get the Warbirds 3x200 series Perry's produced
I've just bought a copy of War Birds on Ebay, the first super 8 film I've bought in about 7 years (I've obviously been haning around on here too much recently). It hasn't arrived yet but, it is clearly on a 200ft reel and listed as being about 100ft.

I'm intirgued to know a bit more about it. Was it originally released as 3 x 200ft, and wasn't it shot and edited entirely on super 8 with the intention that it would be a super 8 release from the start?

If anyone has any info I'd be grateful if you could share it.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 04:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Perry’s lists used to come on beige paper and there used to be new films list and used film lists combined. When young Ian took over Perry’s I don’t recall there being an actual catalogue as such just the lists which I looked forward to getting fairly regularly.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2012 05:18 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few Perry's lists that will be put on The Reel Image site. They are 1972 supplement, 19 & 20 catalogues. Looking through my 'archive' its amazing what I've kept, I could be a hoarder [Big Grin] ,but looking at the old stuff does bring back memories of my earlier collecting days.

Have the new design almost ready to start updating everything.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC