8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Which Is A Good STD 8 Sound Projector? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Which Is A Good STD 8 Sound Projector?
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 21, 2011 12:33 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Herrrrrrrrrrrrre's Calvin!!!

-

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 21, 2011 04:21 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a DDB bulb on Ebay for 9.99 buy it now. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DDB-GE-750-WATT-PROJECT OR-BULB-LAMP-LIGHT-8MM-16MM-FILM-/270723611525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08627b85

-

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2011 06:13 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...that Calvin is a really nice machine. I am looking for a nice standard 8 sound projector. Is that a reasonable price ($200) for a projector that may have some issues. The way the description sounds they may not be too serious but you never know. Well Dan, that would solve your reel capacity problem!

Thanks Pat for posting the picture.

Bill [Smile]

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2011 07:19 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused ...the eBay link is just for the bulb -- where do you see $200 for the projector?

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 21, 2011 11:17 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, here is the link to Calvin;
http://cgi.ebay.com/Calvin-53-8MM-Sound-Movie-Projector-Does-2200-Reels-/370493794262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564326a7d6

Bill, Calvin is Coolidge, but he has too many unknown ailments. also, the opening bid is too high for one who might require immediate medical attention.

That bulb is surely bright enough though. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 22, 2011 03:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dan. Well my guess would be you have three options. A popular choice is the Eumig 824 Dual Sonomatic which limits you to 600ft reels, or you could go for the Kodak Sound 8 which is old but a number of cine enthusiasts around me swear by them as you can easily adapt them to take 2000ft reels, they also come with a F1 lens as standard. Finally you could be bold and have a go at my next project which is to remove the second claw pin from a Bolex SM80 Programmatic which should if my plan works leave me with a Standard 8 projector with larger spool capacity than the earlier SM80 Electronic machine. I’m still plucking up courage to remove the extra claw but my guess it that it should work out OK. All I then have to do is fit the two Std 8 drive sprockets from a Eumig & guides to complete.

Will report later on my exploits.

Kodak Sound 8 www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsRn2kt_h3M

[ March 22, 2011, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2011 06:50 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dan -- I see that the link is in another post as well.

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2011 04:20 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, too bad. I've just sold a Eumig 807D; mint and plays up to speed with all 4 sprockets; pads;etc. Are you solely set on an 810D? 807 is slightly different and I may be able to acquire one. I, too, enjoy standard 8mm films and I have many including The Invisible Man feature in standard 8mm sound on 4x400;, believe it or not- in addition to about 2 dozen Castle and Columbia 200' monster and sci-fi shorts. Incidentally, I've just sold Creature Walks Among Us in standard 8mm sound to Phil Johnson.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC