8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » WIttner site in English ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WIttner site in English ??
Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2012 07:02 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it not a shame that such an important supplier for our film
hobby, does not provide an English version of their site ?

--------------------
António C. Mota

|  IP: Logged

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2012 10:54 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree wholeheartedly. When their pages are translated, its often difficult to understand what they are saying. I wish they would make a English version of their website as well.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 28, 2012 09:18 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point, Antonio. Sales would definitely increase.
Have you suggested this to them?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 28, 2012 09:21 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have internet explorer 9 you can translate the page using Bing. Just right click on the page anywhere and look for "translate with Bing" in the pop up window [Big Grin]

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 05:46 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is what I do but on some of the descriptions the translation makes it very hard to figure out what the features of anything are. Its better than nothing, but disappointing.

--------------------

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 06:35 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree, the translations are almost as difficult to understand sometimes as the German!

I would buy more from them if I could understand it more easily!

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 06:48 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am wondering if they often are asked via e-mail about some of their products because of this. And if so, hopefully the reply is intelligible! Has anyone done this?

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 02:03 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I got in touch with them Joe concerning film treatments and
received a very nice letter back.The thing I found with the
list from Wittners that needs attention, isn't so much the
language but the prices! I found it was much cheaper to import
FILM RENEW direct from the US in their gallon containers.The
only thing for UK buyers to note is a US Gallon only has seven
pints as opposed to our eight to a Gallon.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 02:05 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget, with the demise of Surface Mail from the US, Film Renew can no longer be imported from the US.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 05:29 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/ translate any website or text

Why import film renew anyhow? All you need is mineral spirits. If you want that "lubrication element" just add synthetic paraffin. http://www.micropowders.com/ViewProducts.aspx?id=11

It really is THAT simple. [Cool]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2012 04:26 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no doubt whatsoever that Wittner is expensive. But you have to give them credit for having items that otherwise might never be found. I see items that no one else sells anymore.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC