8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea Film Collectors Convention October 13th!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea Film Collectors Convention October 13th!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 16, 2012 12:22 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've read the posts!

You've seen the pictures!

You've even viewed the trailer!

Now be there in person for.....

The sixth CineSea Film Collectors Convention, taking place in Wildwood, New Jersey on Saturday, October 13th.

I am really looking forward to this one. Hanging out with fellow collectors all day and night, projectors going nonstop, loads of 8mm and 16mm film and equipment for sale or trade and a beautiful beach right across the street!

I've already heard from a number of Forum members who will attend, so please come on down and join us for a terrific time. The setup is on Friday evening, so why not arrive then, talk film, check out the boardwalk and the amusement park, and join us for dinner? Remember, Atlantic City is only 30 minutes away.

On Saturday we'll start at 10:00 AM, take a dinner break at 6 pm (the group dinner is always a blast), then return for screenings till those wee hours come around.

Saturday, October 13th, 2012

The Ocean Holiday Resort
6501 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
609-729-2900 (mention "Film Show" to receive special rate of $65.00 per room)
Reserve early to get Oceanfront rooms with private balconies!

Admission: $5.00, free to those who are staying at the Ocean Holiday.
Hours: 10 AM – 6 PM, dinner break, screenings till ……whenever!

Dealers:
6 foot dealer tables are available for $20. You can rent as many as you like. This is an incredibly low price. In fact, the cost of a table is so low that if you've got any films you'd like to part with it makes sense to get a table and bring them to the show.

Lou Franchetti will be there with tons of 8mm and 16mm. To reserve a table you can email/PM me or Lou.

Directions:
From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to end. Right on Ocean Ave. Follow to Ocean Holiday on left 6501 Ocean Ave. From West and South;Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

As always, this show is dedicated to both its founder, John Black, and to those who enjoy the whirring of projectors and the feel of film on their fingers.

See you there!
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 16, 2012 03:03 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's traditional for me to have some family obligation that takes this weekend out, but the obligations are in, and actually missed this time.

-I'll be there!

It's a great time!

Imagine having a couple of tables full of films to sort through and maybe find something you've wanted for a long time. Imagine the chance to unspool a couple of feet before you commit yourself!

-that's a rare thing in these days of film over the 'net!

Besides: what a treat to see a projected print that isn't mine, isn't on my machine and I'm not operating the projector.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2012 07:08 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last Summer film night is that night here in Nashville with TITANIC.

Have fun!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 22, 2012 01:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been getting a decent amount of emails from Forum folks who will be attending CineSea 6 on October 13th. At the start of the summer John Capazzo introduced me to fellow collector Paul Oscar who was visting from Reykjavík. John tells me that Paul will be making the trip again from Iceland to New York, and he'll be at Wildwood, NJ for the Film Collectors Convention. After all, it's only 2600 miles!

I'm hoping many of you can also make the trip.

Doug

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 23, 2012 09:52 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What bad timing! I would go..but I'm going to be in Japan. Maybe I'll find some Single 8 out there?
Have fun!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 23, 2012 10:25 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

Please keep an eye out for Godzilla films!

Doug

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 23, 2012 05:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it!

I'm always worried that a perfect, pristine copy of "Grizzly Adams" is going to show up at one of these conventions, and I'm not there.

When will the hard fnacial times end? Grr!

Doug, just a thought ...

The next time we get within a couple of MONTHS before one of these things comes along, please mention it, (I take that back if you mentioned it a few months ago), as, coming up with that kind of cash to make a trip across country just doesn't spring out of nowhere for us Osgoods! [Frown]

P.S. If a good color copy of "Grizzly Adams" comes up, please snag it, get ahold of me, and I'll buy it off of you! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 23, 2012 09:47 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

I'll be on the lookout for Grizzly.

The date for CineSea 6 was first announced back on May 7th. It was mentioned in the threads about CineSea 5 ("PLEASE START MAKING YOUR PLANS NOW SO YOU CAN ATTEND ON OCTOBER 13") and it has been posted every day since then in the "Upcoming Film Conventions" sticky. There have also been other threads between then and now. This very thread was started over a month ago.

Doug

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 07:30 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One day I'll make it to one of these. October 13 is the last 'DiveIn Movies' at my place with "Titanic".

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2012 05:49 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the last Cinesea sooooo much!

I don't know if my schedual will permit it this month, but if there's a way, I'll be there!

James.

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2012 09:49 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone can make it who has never been here before try to make it. We l really have a good time and Doug is correct the Dinner Is a blast.

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC