8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » buying of ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: buying of ebay
Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2012 06:47 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
buying off ebay your taking a risk they may seem genuine sellers but you cant guaretee the quality of the film . but off chc ,phil, paul foster plus dealers off the conventions they will tell you if there is a defect in the film or films

|  IP: Logged

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2012 06:12 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not 100% of sellers. I sell what I want to get rid of, and know my films, trailers, toons quite well, and is reflected in my description. I have 100% positive feedback, with 100% ratings. I also buy on Ebay, as well as other members, and dealers. It's all about buying what you are looking for.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 07, 2012 06:22 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And knowing what you are buying and whom your buying it from. I have been an ebay seller and buyer for 10 years with no problems. You just have to know your way around. [Big Grin]

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2012 06:28 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed.

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2012 07:38 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Checking the seller rating and asking questions are both very important. A lot of people are selling stuff that they know very little about so a lot gets left out of their descriptions.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 08, 2012 02:29 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing wrong with ebay if you use it wisely. The dealers are not the saintly figures some people make them out to be. I've returned incorrectly described prints to dealers in the past, just as much as to ebay sellers.
I've never been quite able to understand why people have some kinda problem buying from ebay.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 08, 2012 04:06 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certain sellers on eBay appear to be all OK and seem to know what they are selling, but this is no guarantee of a satisfactory deal.

--------------------
Maurice

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 08, 2012 08:08 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but this is no guarantee of a satisfactory deal.

Actually , there is. The Buyer Protection that EBay has covers every transaction. If there is an unresolvable problem with a purchase, EBay usually finds for the buyer and will refund money. Sometimes, depending on sellers FB and service , EBay may hold funds and refund money out of sellers account. Or, in fact, EBay may use their own funds if the seller is not at fault and the buyer has a legitmate complaint.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2012 11:31 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I buy all my 9.5mm films on ebay and the odd 8mm or 16mm and generally all has been good,once or twice the films have perf damages, buyer beware i think as they did state they have no way of playing the films......i will ask them to unravel a good portion of the film to check condition etc next time i am concerned.Sometimes i think ignorance is no excuse especially if they are wanting a good price for their films......

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC